Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #41
Grayfox
Crossover
Re: Toys R Us Canada Transformers Sale May 3rd - 9th

My theory:

TRU.ca is actually 'managed' as a TRU brick n mortar store. Meaning they get X cases of a wave, usually not that many (same as a B&M store would get), they get listed online, then sell out very quickly due to the small quantities.

Then I suspect the computer is programed to completely remove the product listing if it's been sold out for x amount of time. And once they get some more in, the listing goes back on the website.

I think my theory mostly makes sense. And honestly, if that really is how they operate the website, it's a system that works. They just need to stop treating this website as a B&M store and start treating it like a freaking national online store. Meaning more stock. They certainly would get more sales that way.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #42
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

This hassle right now is just practice for this fall's SOUNDWAVENIGHTMARE (tm).
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #43
Mystic Metal
CHIEF IDEA OFFICER
Mystic Metal's Ebay Auctions

I'm just wondering, since we already have SKU #'s for some really high interest items here, can we not just provide those SKU's and get a raincheck for the discount?

Mystic Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #44
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

As long as they can be converted into a UPC, it should work

Not saying we'll have any of those in a month, but eh. That's another bridge to cross, I guess hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #45
pandaprime
aficionado!

best sale so far this year. I picked up all FOC deluxes wave 2 and 3 at my local stores

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #46
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Metal View Post
I'm just wondering, since we already have SKU #'s for some really high interest items here, can we not just provide those SKU's and get a raincheck for the discount?
Not exactly...If there are TFs in stock with the SKU you're looking they won't give you a raincheck

ex.
If I want BH dlx Starscream (not in stock) but they have dlx BB, Laserback and/or Soundawave in stock they will not give you one usually...unless you make a really really big scene
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #47
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Not exactly...If there are TFs in stock with the SKU you're looking they won't give you a raincheck

ex.
If I want BH dlx Starscream (not in stock) but they have dlx BB, Laserback and/or Soundawave in stock they will not give you one usually...unless you make a really really big scene

Actually I had quite the opposite experience. Long before MP Thundercracker was realeased I was given raincheques for him. At my local TRU so long as the sku is in their system they can give you a raincheque for it but then again it might depend on the associate. No harm in asking though
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Actually I had quite the opposite experience. Long before MP Thundercracker was realeased I was given raincheques for him. At my local TRU so long as the sku is in their system they can give you a raincheque for it but then again it might depend on the associate. No harm in asking though
yeh but there was no other figure for the MP Thundercracker SKU except that one. It was a one figure SKU

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
yeh but there was no other figure for the MP Thundercracker SKU except that one. It was a one figure SKU

Fair enough but I have done the same with others as well. PRID figures for example. What I have done is asked for wave 2 figures on a raincheque when wave 1 was released and they did it for me. Again it may just be the TRU that I usually shop at but honestly I have never had any issues with raincheques.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #50
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Fair enough but I have done the same with others as well. PRID figures for example. What I have done is asked for wave 2 figures on a raincheque when wave 1 was released and they did it for me. Again it may just be the TRU that I usually shop at but honestly I have never had any issues with raincheques.
Very YMMV.

A couple of years ago there was a sale of TFs for 40% off and there literally nothing on the shelves (on the 1st day of the sale) and I ask for a raincheck, and they refused (specifically TRU Angrignon and Pointe-Claire in Montreal). They said that it will be in stock mid week, so I went to 2 of them and no dice.

So the day before the sale ended I went back to TRU (Angrignon) to get a raincheck again and said that they did not receive any for the whole week or any other TRUs for a matter of fact and they still refused me...BUT I told them that "the stock boy at the beginning of the sale told me that they would received them, that you basically lied to my face and made me travel all around town".

At that point, the manager finally said yes but "this is the only time that we would make an exception"...

*I was "nice" throughout the whole process, not yelling and remained calm (even joking with them)...which means being nice doesn't always help

After this incident, I try to screw them over as much as possible

Last edited by pulsedragon20; 05-06-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typo
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote