Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-12-2022, 10:48 AM   #211
theoneyouknowleast
Classic
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Legacy Deluxes now 45.99 on Tru.ca .... ya im out.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:09 AM   #212
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Legacy Deluxes now 45.99 on Tru.ca .... ya im out.
We can all agree it's just semantics at this point, but it's 44.99
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:00 PM   #213
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Sure is ... Well from Hasbro that is.

Dabbling in other interests now where I feel there is better value for the cost.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:45 PM   #214
Napseeker
Generation 2

I started collecting Masters of the Universe Origins last year. The figures are 6-inches tall (despite Mattel officially saying they are 5.5inches), have nostalgic appeal, are fun to customize since you can swap body parts, and only cost $16 to $18 depending on where you get them.

The less I give Hasbro my money, the better. (And yes, I know the MotU stuff reuses a ton of tooling whereas Hasbro definitely uses more new tooling, but it still feels like they are price gouging -- especially on items where they own the IP like TF and GI Joe).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:12 AM   #215
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Now if that Rise of the Beasts film is a commercial success, imagine what Hasbro and subsequently Toys R Us Canada will be raising the prices to!

Since joining this plastic addiction back in late 2015, this year has been my fewest amount of purchases so far. Only 3 figures, one of them was Earthrise Hoist 'cause my kid wanted something from TFCon.

They have to clue in there is way less revenue from folks unless other people are coming in to pickup the excess.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:32 AM   #216
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I won't buy from TRU. I try to keep all the purchases at GS with the discount. But I'm almost out and I have been in since 95.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:31 AM   #217
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Now if that Rise of the Beasts film is a commercial success, imagine what Hasbro and subsequently Toys R Us Canada will be raising the prices to!

Since joining this plastic addiction back in late 2015, this year has been my fewest amount of purchases so far. Only 3 figures, one of them was Earthrise Hoist 'cause my kid wanted something from TFCon.

They have to clue in there is way less revenue from folks unless other people are coming in to pickup the excess.
I say it will be 50/50 if Rise of the Beasts is a commercial success and 90% artistic failure. At this point it is not the money that is the issue for me but the creative direction or lack there of. Hasbro has gone so G1 that the media for it is suffering and not investing in it will be the downfall of it and Transformers. The animated media feels like it is being sacrificed for the live action films hence the unionized movies and non-unionized animation equalling the investment being made to one over the other. The rush to pump out another big movie does not give me faith or hope it?ll be any good or get better and until this pattern putters out the toys and fans will suffer too.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:20 AM   #218
Patate
Generation 2

I just received my Tigatron from Amazon that was on sale and mine has a lazy eye. I read here and elsewhere that it is a known issue and to be careful when buying (in-store, so you can inspect), but from online, it depends if you are lucky. Personally, I'll keep it as is since it's not that uncommon to get one with lazy eyes and I'm not going to exchange until I get one that is decent. Just like Jackpot's head, you just have to deal with that bad QC.

I don't have Sludge yet and I have seem report of it having very loose legs.

It's not only the price, but it seems the quality is getting worse too.

The perfect storm to take a break and stop doing impulse buy.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:42 AM   #219
Napseeker
Generation 2

I believe the quality has been worse ever since they switched factories to Vietnam? I suppose that makes sense, since obviously the china factory slave workers have had decades more experience making action figures than the vietnamese factory slave workers.

It makes the constant price increases hard to swallow when the QC is getting worse. I don't look forward to getting Sludge and watching as his legs just flop back and forth, and there's no way to tell what you're going to get (unlike with bad paint apps) until you open it up and test the legs.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:15 AM   #220
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I believe the quality has been worse ever since they switched factories to Vietnam? I suppose that makes sense, since obviously the china factory slave workers have had decades more experience making action figures than the vietnamese factory slave workers.
Those are just orientalist assumptions made by people who don't actually understand what life is like in China and Vietnam.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote