Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #21
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

Some of the Binaltechs/Alternators, MP Megatron, some of the TF movie figures have really convoluted transformation sequences. I really need to look at the instruction to get it right.

For the others like the TFA Deluxes, Universe 2.0, Classics and most G1's... no, I'm too pro for that

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #22
Dropkick
Armada
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

Sometimes if i use the instruction, i break them too...so, i guess reading instruction is kinda pointless. some of the instructions are badly illustrated anyway
Dropkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #23
Magnimus
Alternator

I need the instructions on the first and second transformation, but after that I can do them from memory.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
Ozrein
Stunticon

I didnt mention earlier but alot of times, I've seen so many pics, reviews, etc before I even get a particular TF, that I dont even need to look at the instructions.

I do also like the challenge of trying to figure out a TF before looking at the instructions, that is if I havent experienced the above situation.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #25
Bumblebee78
Robot Master

A lot of Hasbro's instructions are not that clear. I look at them only when I am really stumped. (I found that a lot Takara's instructions, even in Japanese, are clearer than the North American ones.)
Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #26
Pascal
Banned

I love it when people brag that they never use instructions then post a pic of the toy mistransformed or complain it's broken because of bad QC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
I need the instructions on the first and second transformation, but after that I can do them from memory.
Same here.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #27
PrimeConvoy
Machine War

I never use them anymore, they pretty much go right into the shoe box I have for them now. Half the fun is just trying to figure it out. It took me about 45 mins to transform my MP Megs the first time and thats mainly because I heard so many bad stories about him already. I would have to say the last time I have used instructions was back in the BW days and then a few time during RID and thats about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

I open the toy up, flip the box/card around and work it from there by the photo.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #29
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

I go through the instructions once if its a MP, Alt or BT. Everything else I take a peep at the pics and go from there.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #30
ChrisW
Thread Killer

I always use the instructions for the first transformation of any unfamiliar mold. I might check the instructions again for the first reverse transformation depending on the complexity of the figure. After that, the instructions go into storage.

An exception is Masterpiece Megatron: I won't TF him without the instructions handy.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote