Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

The last time I remember using instructions was for MP Megatron. I figure out how to transform most of my figures on my own.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

I always give the instructions a once over before transforming for the first time. Just to make sure there's no surprises.....Then they're filed away never to be used again.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Icetron

It depends really. If it's something really expensive, not easy to replace, known to break, or is fragile in nature I follow the instructions but otherwise I usually just fiddle with them until I TF them. Sometimes I miss some steps but usually I get it right. Voyager Bulkhead actually took me a bit to figure out how to snap the pieces apart.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
Hound
Robot in Disguise

Generally a sheet user and always with my alternators.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Now a days I don't even need instructions to transform them the first time...I can honestly say I can transform every Transformer I have from memory without difficulty

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

No. I enjoy transforming the figures first from A to B then back again, then checking the instructions to see if I missed anything.

The only time I use the instructions would be when it's a figure I paid over $100.00 and I really don't want to waste the money buy pulling a piece to hard and breaking it.

See MP Megs, BT Grimlock, or Trans-scanning Prime.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #17
astrana
Nexus Maximus

I will try to do it carefully at the start. if there is a spot i am not sure if I hae to apply pressure or not, i will read the instructions
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
Sigma Magnus

With me, I usually memorize the instructions no matter the class, that way I can memorize whatever needs to be handled with care on some figures. However, if it was a Masterpiece, or Supreme Class, or anything else, I'd probably look at the instructions.

Also known as ShiningKnightSilverbolt on Seibertron.com.
Also known as TheDarkOfNight on Youtube. {youtube.com/user/TheDarkOfNight}

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Sigma Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #19
Incepticon
Double Agent

As a kid, I was always so proud that I never needed to use the instructions. Back then it didn't really dawn on me how brutally simplistic G1 figures were.

Fast forward 20 odd years, I find myself at least eyeballing the instructions or packaging picture on virtually every TF that I buy now - even Animated. Why? Because sometimes these things actually have a specific order in which to do things... which I don't find out until I'm midway through and get stuck. Or maybe I'm just getting old and TF seems a lot more complicated and/or tricky than they really are.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #20
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

I need the instructions the first time, but after that I don't use them.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote