Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo
Re: Has someone ever try to ripped you off on TF, or sell you KO TF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikex View Post
I won an auction on eBay from wheeljackslab. The auction was for the right/left arm and gun for scamper. While I thought the prices were expensive to start, after he told me the shipping was going to be like $40. Usd for three little pieces of plastic. Well I am the type of guy who sticks to his word "no matter the cost" (couldn't resist the pun) and was willing to greviously over pay for these pieces. Luckily he ended up not having the gun and we nullified the deal. Why he would auction something he did not have is beyond me but...

I have delt with him ONCE and it will never happen again.He tried to charge $40 usd for shipping on something for me.I ended up shipping it my parents in the states and they shipped them here for $15.That would be my biggest almost rip off.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

I've had people on craigslist try to rip me off. Claiming their figures are complete when their not. Or claiming their mint but really broken.

In the end thou, I not stupid enough to pay ridiculous prices for broken or incomplete figures so thankful have never been ripped off.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicrons_Domain View Post
yeah that happen to me. I bought a brand new Japan version of powermaster OP sealed. It was sealed but by the seller. Upon further inspection I noticed scatches on OP's Cab looking through the window. So I contacted paypal and filed a claim and got my money back. I never did hear from the seller and because of that I got to keep the used PM OP aswell.

Worked out nice in the end.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
Darth Wave
Alternator

Hahahaha... yeah some tool on CL tried to sell me KO Dinobots. He claimed that they were G1 and he had them when he was a wee boy... ok no problem! What I didn't see in the ad stated in small letters... "once we set up a time and location to meet, item is considered sold." WTF?

So I go to meet up with him, and he has the stuff in a plastic bag all tied up… it took me a few mins to untie the bag. At the same time he is pushing me to give him the cash so he can leave as he is running late for an appointment. My wife was with me and she starts to pull out the cash… just as I reached into the bag to pull out a dinobots. WELL…. Let's just say the words that came rolling out of my mouth wasn't that of a church going boy. WHAT the @$^^&**%^# … is this &%^$^#$#$#?????? He walks up to me and starts to yell, saying I had wasted his time and that we had a deal (setting up time and location as stated in the ad)

My wife and I walked away pissed… but we didn't lose any money but more of our time!
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty

Yah CL is fishy sometime, got to go wit your gut feeling or bring someone along if you aren't sure bout something. I bought a fair amount of stuff off CL but most them were MISB,MIB and some loose but nothing too big of a ripped off i think >_>. But now these days I lessen buying on CL since most of people are on there are scalper marking up on TF. Lucky I found this site or I would proabably not have most of the TF I have now these days. But I would buy from a well known board member seller than some unknown seller any days

Last edited by BraveFortressMaximus; 09-22-2009 at 08:29 PM.
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Wave View Post
Hahahaha... yeah some tool on CL tried to sell me KO Dinobots. He claimed that they were G1 and he had them when he was a wee boy... ok no problem! What I didn't see in the ad stated in small letters... "once we set up a time and location to meet, item is considered sold." WTF?

So I go to meet up with him, and he has the stuff in a plastic bag all tied up… it took me a few mins to untie the bag. At the same time he is pushing me to give him the cash so he can leave as he is running late for an appointment. My wife was with me and she starts to pull out the cash… just as I reached into the bag to pull out a dinobots. WELL…. Let's just say the words that came rolling out of my mouth wasn't that of a church going boy. WHAT the @$^^&**%^# … is this &%^$^#$#$#?????? He walks up to me and starts to yell, saying I had wasted his time and that we had a deal (setting up time and location as stated in the ad)

My wife and I walked away pissed… but we didn't lose any money but more of our time!

How much was he trying to charge for those phoney G1 dinobot anyway
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #17
dees
Beasty

Speaking of which...

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...387199530.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...387516643.html

what do you think?

Last edited by dees; 09-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.
dees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #18
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Knock Off... No doubt about it.

I've seen similar adds on the Toronto Craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dees View Post
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

KO, superion missing the ramp but MIB? obvious, and if that is a ko, everything else is as well

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

When I first started collecting G1's (since childhood) I bought a TRU StarScream from Toys Toys Toys for a whopping $75! At the time I never tried ebay or even knew about TF boards.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote