Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty
Are you fan of TF that get repainted in different series and than get rename?

For me I am not a big fan of repaint, sometime they are ok but and other time they get out of hand. It sometime piss me off that I pay to buy a double of toy in a different colour. And other time repaint them and name them some new name is kinda irritating. But what can you do, they wanting you to buy that toy if you get sucker to buy a repaint.

Last edited by BraveFortressMaximus; 06-22-2009 at 01:23 AM.
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Are you fan of TF that get repainted in different series and than get rename?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFortressMaximus View Post
For me I am not a big fan of repaint, sometime they are ok but and other time they get out of hand. It sometime piss me off that I pay to buy a double of toy in a different colour. And other time repaint them and name them some new name is kinda irritating. But what can you do they wanting to buy that toy if you get sucker to buy a repaint.
Not a big fan either, but I don't mind if I missed the mold the first time around because then I get a second chance to buy the figure. Some renaming works better than others though and as for buying the same mold in different colours then yeh that is what the manufacturer wants you to do so they can make money eh.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
ChrisW
Thread Killer
Re: Are you fan of TF that get repainted in different series and than get rename?

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like repaints. Sometimes I'll like a mold but not its colors, or maybe it doesn't fit into my collection properly since it's got the wrong faction. As an example, RotF Prime is a fantastic figure, but I don't want a second movie Prime; I already have voyager Prime from the first movie line. If they redeco the figure, I'll get it and call him something else (like Ultra Magnus). Universe Overload wouldn't fit in my collection, but Dropshot would since I need more bigger-than-a-deluxe Decepticons.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Depends on the repaint. If its a Seeker or Bumblebee to Cliffjumper then I'm fine with it.

If its painting Soundwave orange and naming him Boombox just to sell an extra toy then I'm not.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I don't mind, because there's no rule that says I have to buy the repaint/rename. But I do like to have second chances at molds that I didn't get the first time around. I mean for example, the ROTF Superion set, I didn't get it when it came out the first time in engergon because just from looking at the box pictures, it was damn ugly, also I was out of collecting for a bit. But now, I see that using a different combined transformation, the figure looks great. So I would have missed out if there wasn't a repaint and rename.

Also, I think re-releases of molds help keep the prices of that mold in the secondary market in check, so maybe we can afford it down the road. It also gives those of us who aren't made of money an alternative if we can't afford the original figure. I'm sure we all have figures that aren't on the retail market any longer that we wish we had, but don't want to, or can't afford to, pay the secondary market price.

Repaint/Renames can be good.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 06-22-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
tusko
Classic

I like the repaints, but put more paint apps on the second time Hasbro! Increase the second round quality!

I have the Cybertron CD Hot Shot mold as the orange and brown Roadbuster. Similarly the Movie Evac is great in my eyes.

I think they have their place but quality and thought have to be put into it.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

I also like repaints a lot of the time. Its basically a staple in the world of transformers and I don't think it would be the same without it.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

Repaints can be awesome, they offer a nice choice of colour and can be really fun. I'll take a redeco of Evac for Springer any day over having no Springer at all. And that Whirl and Bludgeon two-pack? Mine. I haven't bought TFA!Starscream, but I do very much want Skywarp, and Thundercracker when he comes out.

Now, of course, this means I'm obligated to get Starscream so I can have a G1 Seeker trio, but in Animated form, haha. XD (They need to make a Ramjet so I open Sunstorm and have all 5 of them lined up and have Starscream in the middle)

And let's not forget this is the stuff Botcon exclusives are made of. XD Really, if the colours are nice, and better still, there's a nice bio or fiction behind the character, I'm game for repaints.
Robot Heroes! Snarl and Sharkticon, Optimus and Barricade
Last buy: HFTD!Jetblade and Ironhide
Dream toys: 07 Black Japan exclusive, the Wonderfest exclusive, and the Battle Damaged versions of Arcee ones*sigh*
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I agree with the seeker bb and cliffjumper thing ...but I might also add the autobros sunstreaker/sideswipe, prowl, bluestreak and smokescreen. Please, can I have an ultra magnus in the universe line that is not a repaint of prime, how about a hasblow made trailer for the classics UM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Repainting and renaming the same mold over and over again is a staple of the Transformers since day one. (Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker, Thrust/Dirge/Ramjet, Brawn/Outback, Huffer/Pipes, Bumblebee/Cliffjumper/Hubcap, Windcharger/Tailpipe, Gears/Swerve, Rumble/Frenzy, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw... Need I go on?)

And so to this day repaints and remolds can't possibly piss me off, or frustrate me, or even annoy me. I consider myself a partial completist. By which I mean I will buy everything from a main line with exception to things like the FABs, the RPMs, and whatever other wierd little doodads and extras Hasbro decides to throw in. Which means I will always get a repaint or remolded figure who has been renamed or otherwise. (I make one exception for RotF, although I still plan to buy every version of a figure from the first Movie line things may change, I'm thinking of ignoring Premium Prime and just going with RotF Prime, I'm not getting RotF Desert Tracker Ratchet and probably Jungle Ironhide. Mainly because with all the first Movie stuff and now the second Movie stuff I can consider them one big toyline and pick and choose more wisely.)

It's just par for the course in my world, and personally I don't blame Hasbro, if it weren't for repaints/remolds/renames there'd be less funds to make the new molds we all love.