Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #21
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine
Re: Does your wife or girlfriend for or against your TF collection ?

I don't think i'd get with someone who didn't accept my little babies as a part of the whole package period haha but luckily all the girls i have seen since starting collecting haven't had a problem with it. I don't know if not giving a turd helps but i sure don't hide the fact that i love collecting. Anyways to answer simply just check the badass autobot/decepticon glass in the customs/artwork forum
Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #22
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

The girl let me put them on our mantle in the front room. I have another room that is mine as well. I try to keep them in, but sometimes I carry em around the house. She buys me tf comic books and guides, t-shirts. Things I always forget about. The occasional plush flower helps. I bought her Arcee. She transformed it once, and now it sits with the hundreds of plush flowers.
________
Dc marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by racerguy76; 02-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Never against it. Nor this recent gf, or my ex. My ex got me Cybertron Megatron and Cybertron Prime for B-day. Recent gf got me MP starscream and Costco Exclusive Ultimate Bumblebee. I am surprised they know I don't have those ones. I feel lucky after hear some people's wife or gf against them on their collection.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #24
Black Cat
Animated

Well, since I'm straight too, I can't really comment on what the gf or wife thinks, lol... but my one ex bf actually got me back into TFs, and helped restart my collection.

My mom, on the other hand...
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #25
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

It's really not a problem with my wife... I have a huge TF collection, she has a huge shoe collection... So it's pretty much even ;-)
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #26
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
It's really not a problem with my wife... I have a huge TF collection, she has a huge shoe collection... So it's pretty much even ;-)
LOL!!! Ditto.

Last time my wife said anything about my collecting I brought up the shoe thing too. Or the bag thing. Or the clothes thing.

Women collect things too, and don't think for a second it doesn't cost as much, if not a whole lot more than your Transformer collecting. They just like to use the word practical collecting. "You can't wear a Transformer". The last time my wife said that to me, I asked her how much she could sell her old shoes for. Then reminder her that some of my collection have doubled in value. End of arguement.

Also, my wife has certain rooms that are hers to decorate (Living Room, Dining Room) and so do I (Rec Room, Office). So I do display anything I want in my rooms and I don't question her on what she displays in her rooms. Bottomline is we make sure everything is fair. 50/50, like the good book says.

Last edited by tilallr1; 09-19-2008 at 09:51 AM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #27
JSon
Robo Warrior

My girlfriends slowly coming around to the idea. She just kinda tolerates it, but she doesn't mind stopping here and there when we go out to look for stuff (since I'm usually the one driving and paying for everything anyway). She doesn't like buying my TF's, mostly because I don't think she understands the different lines or knows which ones I have or not, but she did buy me all 3 of my masterpiece figures I consistently point to a figure then ask her to tell me his name. Shes getting good and can identify a fair chunk of G1 but sometimes when she's not in the mood she makes up insulting names for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
My mom, on the other hand...
Maybe there should be a forum for this. My mom is defiantly not down the the toy collecting. She just shakes her head every time I bring something home. I usually sneak new stuff into my room when she's not around, and hide all the toy boxes at the bottom of the recycle.

Last edited by JSon; 09-19-2008 at 10:01 AM.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSon View Post
Maybe there should be a forum for this. My mom is defiantly not down the the toy collecting. She just shakes her head every time I bring something home. I usually sneak new stuff into my room when she's not around, and hide all the toy boxes at the bottom of the recycle.
My mom gave all of my original G1's away!!! Tab!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Women collect things too, and don't think for a second it doesn't cost as much, if not a whole lot more than your Transformer collecting. They just like to use the word practical collecting. "You can't wear a Transformer". The last time my wife said that to me, I asked her how much she could sell her old shoes for. Then reminder her that some of my collection have doubled in value. End of arguement.
ya... I used that one on my wife once. She became beet-red and had no comeback!!! She hasn't said a word since... she just smiles and says I'm a big kid!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #29
Banshee
Energon

Eh... My GF doesn't understand it, thankfully we don't live together yet. But she's told me she wouldn't want them in our room. (I keep most of my stuff in my room, and some in the living room with my roommate's hentai statues ) She agrees that I could put them in a separate room though, which is fine by me

The first time she commented on my collection to my mom and my sister, you should have seen it, they went off on the usual rant that I've been hearing for years. Thankfully it's never bothered me, I just let them rant and go on my collecting .
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #30
Prime Sinister
Animated

My ex-wife use to throw around my figures when we got in fights (recalls G1 Megs hitting the wall ). That's why she's my ex!

My current wife fully supports my collection and even helps me pick up the new sightings/hidden figures posted on this sight.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote