Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Does your wife or girlfriend for or against your TF collection ?

I think I am in the "tolerated" category. It doesn't really bother her that I buy them, as there are many other worse things I can do with my time.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

My girlfriend is very accepting of my collection, however here, and there she will give me the occasional "OMG".... to which I then begin to lecture her on her MAC makeup collection. lol She has even been known to purchase Transformers for me for special occassions, such as the mint G2 Optimus Prime I own.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Since I'm not married its not an issue but most of my girlfriends thought it was cute....course then it got to the usual "why don't you buy me anything nice" so I had to get them something while getting a transformer...course the "because mine are only $15 and what you like costs hundreds" defence never works.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
Nightshade83

I'm a straight girl, so I don't have a girlfriend or wife to hate my collection, but I do have a boyfriend.

I guess "my" collection isn't really the right word for it. It's more "our" collection now, ever since my bf found his Powermaster Optimus Prime and added it to my line up of movie toys. We both buy TFs when we can afford it and we went to TFCon together. It's so nice to have a boyfriend who shares my hobbies!

The only thing he ever objected to was when I put his Optimus Prime in with my other 80's toy collection - Care Bears.

His exact words were "Giant fighting robots have no business in Care-a-Lot!"

Decepticons? I've survived Unicron AND being a Headmaster ... TO A WHINY LITTLE HUMAN BRAT!!!

My Transformers fanfiction: Vapour Trails ,
Prayer
Devart page: http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #15
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Tolerated.

My girlfriend thinks my Transformers are the nerdiest thing I collect. She just doesn't understand why I like them so much.

However, she is very patient when I go out searchign for them when we're on vacation or shopping in the states.

My favorite line this summer while I'm holding 2 transformers. "Whatcha got there Nerd?"

She tolerates it though, and would never tell me to quit.

Cheers!
-Ian
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Autovolt 127
Animated

almost everyone.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
hugh_da_man
Armada

I don't think my gf likes it too much and I think she's just waiting until I grow out of it...oh well, guitars or tfs, either works for me and she doesn't mind the guitars as much.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
Protoman
The Legend

With me, they have no say. If they question it, they will get crushed by the fist of Primus. MWAHAHAHA......... actually I gave a more reasonable answer awhile back in this thread... but yeah. If they can't get into it..... bah, more women where THAT came from...... why settle for less.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #19
Cyber-Kun
Machine War
Send a message via MSN to Cyber-Kun Send a message via Skype™ to Cyber-Kun

My girlfriend thought it was really nerdy, but after seeing them and playing with them, loves and supports my collection to the point where she made me write a list of all the TF Animated toys I wanted (she's very new to toy collecting, and different series and scales confuses her a bit) and demanded that I do not buy another Animated toy until after Christmas and my B-day (which thankfully are 3 days apart)
She's awesome, and I support and buy her stuff for her Elvis and Betty Boop collection
Cyber-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #20
Zeralia
Send a message via AIM to Zeralia Send a message via MSN to Zeralia Send a message via Skype™ to Zeralia

My boyfriend doesn't mind at all - but he was a little surprised, I guess, because I'm a girl and all... We usually go to TRU, etc... together to browse for new stuff and he also came with me to BotCon. We missed TFCon, though he wants to try for next year. Both he and I sometimes help the other out too with purchases. :P
So I'd say he's pretty much with me on the whole collecting part. I even have some of his Transformers in my house for now, due to lack of space at his place (and the fact they mysteriously disappear/end up broken...).

Quote:
The only thing he ever objected to was when I put his Optimus Prime in with my other 80's toy collection - Care Bears.
Heh. Could be slightly worse? My other collection are My Little Ponies. :P For awhile, they all shared the same display case.
Zeralia is offline   Reply With Quote