Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
BraveFortressMaximus
Beasty
Does your wife or girlfriend for or against your TF collection ?

I heard stories of people girlfriend or wife who are totally against your TF collecting.However they don't really do much except give a lecture here and there or just don't say a word. There are ones that support you from the beginning to the end on your TF collection. Any story does anyone have that make there girlfriend or wife happy so they don't nag them to death ? For me I don't know yet
BraveFortressMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69
Re: Does your wife or girlfriend for or against your TF collection ?

My girlfriend loves that I collect Transformers, and she went with me to TFcon this year. She has bought me alot of Movie toys and Animated toys just as "I love you" gifts. The best was when she suprised me with, Animated Bumblebee, Prowl, Lockdown, Cybertron mode Prime, Ratchet, Starscream, And Black Arachnia When I go to a TRU or Zellers in the mall, I send her to get her nails done so she gets something when Im toys buying/hunting.

CJ
Old 09-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

She tolerates it but she won't buy me anything new since she's pretty much the one responsible for creating the collecting monster that I've become when she bought me a few TFs back then. She doesn't want to add fuel to the fire.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Lysist
Alternator

I am sure that like most I am at the "tolerated" level. She understands why I love them but she does not understand why I spend so much on them.

She is not hostile towards the collection but she does prefer that it is contained in one room and not all over the place.

If I talk about them in her presence for more then 30 seconds her eyes glaze and I know that she has slipped away to her "happy, transformers free, zone.
Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

I like the word "hostile".
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Euroflip
Machine War

My Girlfriends collections is almost as big as mine..... Almost

My Feedback
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158545
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5124
Euroflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
crimbot
Some Guy

My last girlfreind thought they were okay, until I put the ALL out on display. She sometimes accused me of loving my TF's more than I loved her, and told me that she wanted to smash them with her ringette stick lol. big emphasis on the EX part of that girlfriend.
My current girlfriend thinks that it is a neat hobby, and wants to support me in it, by accompanying me to Botcon next year! She dated guys before who were drug dealers and she thinks this hobby is fairly acceptable I'm not really hurting anybody, except for being responbsible for less toys at Toys R us for the next kiddies who get there
Old 09-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

my wifey also doesnt mind my botlove,so long as i keep them from taking over all the clean spaces in the house.her moms a different story.because of her ive had to move more than 90% of my collection to my dads basement,which really sucks.even now shes still complaining that i have/spend too much on "trivial" crap.(anyone know a good hitman? my wife does like the fact that collecting keeps me home at night instead of drinking/pissing it all away at a club or something.she even calls me when im at work and shes at walmart to see if i have or need any bots currently on the shelf.she even went to tfcon in toronto with me,but i think she just used it as a free vacation,but hey,im not complaining.she also dont mind when she gets home and the dishrack is full of "cleaned" bots.god i luv her!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #9
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

My GF loves my collection, she bought me Brave Max a couple of years ago for our anniversary
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

My wife steathily loathes my TFs, and all my toys for that matter.

She wants me to hold onto them all for our little one(s) in hopes that they play with them or profit from them (i.e., paying off future bills, education etc.) but she doesn't want to see them anywhere on display.

Right now I've got a secret Classics-themed diorama on top of our entertainment armoire.

Thankfully, neither my wife nor my 19 month old son has spotted it...

But she did let me mount my FX lightsabers (Yoda and blue Luke) on the nursery wall. My son thinks they're cool...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote