Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Average Spending On TF Every Month xD

Anyone up for a challenge? We keep tabs on our spending (including shipping costs) from September until the end of the year. We could have a leaderboard of shame and everything.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #22
Pascal
Banned

That'd be cool... (NOT!)
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #23
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Does anyone actually keep track of this? I'm just curious.
Indirectly...I stuff (most of) my receipts in a drawer at work.. Yesterday I opened it to clean it up because it was getting pretty crammed. I realized I couldn't hold them all in two hands so I shoved them back in and closed it. I'd need one of theose "Neat Receipts" scanners to really know the truth. My wife has one for her company that I need to borrow..check them out, they are a great toy for scanning and organizing all that paperwork. http://www.neatreceipts.com/

Otherwise, the month is only as expensive as Hasbro makes it... in the slow months, ebay seems to make up the difference..
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I try to keep it under $100....usually winds up closer to it....

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #25
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Does anyone actually keep track of this? I'm just curious.
Quote:
Anyone up for a challenge? We keep tabs on our spending (including shipping costs) from September until the end of the year. We could have a leaderboard of shame and everything.
You're asking us to turn ourselves in! No way man..
Old 08-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #26
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

It all depends on what is in stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if it amounts to around $200 a month.

As others said when retail dies (during the second year of TF:The Movie (live action) I turned to ebay and that made sure I gotz my spendin done.

These next few months are going to be very expensive with all the ecores, animated and universe figures coming out. I shudder to think about next year with the 25th anni, encores, TF:M2, animated and universe.

Thanx
Transbot90210

P.S. I love buying this stuff so much to be honest I just spend without keeping track. My bills all get paid so the rest of my money is mine to do so as I please.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #27
aximili
Machine War

This summer has been especially bad (or good) for spending for me. I've spent at least $1,200 just on eBay since June. I only know this because of the side tab which keeps track.. but I've deleted all of the finished transactions now so I don't have to look at the amount. Mind you a lot of that is BotCon stuff and the rest is items that aren't in store anymore.

Because I only started collecting in the last year or so (or restarted, if you count when I was 12 but had no money) I've had to buy online. But most of that is Beast Wars stuff.

I do keep a spreadsheet to keep track of my figures. One tab for each era I collect. Not to be confused with line. I have G1 Universe where I put everything that's G1 inspired (the only real G1 toy I have is Soundwave) for Classics, new Universe, Titanium and the like. Also including Shattered Glass in there too. Then Beast Wars (incl. a few Beast Machines), Movie series and Animated series.

Interestingly, I don't keep track of how much I've spent on transformers, rather how much I intend to spend. Every figure has the retail price attached (or what I expect to have to pay if I have to do eBay) and it calculates how much I'll have to spend to complete each list. I always overestimate though and then set the price to $0 because I'm not selling them and I don't want a record of how much I've spent!

It's actually very helpful, because I can calculate how much it will cost to buy all of the upcoming retail figures I want and plan accordingly. I've sworn off eBay for a while though... I really can't wait until I'm finished my "older figures" and focus on retail. Soooo much cheaper and easier... especially since customs hates me.

Other benefits: I have to really think about whether I want a character or not. I've added and removed and added again until I'm satisfied months before the figure comes out. Plus I can easily see the split between Autobots and Decepticons and maybe add a few of the "I sort of want" figures to the side with the less. I'm looking at you Universe classics Decepticons!!

Anyone else have a system?
aximili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #28
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

hard to say but I would guess around 50-75 a month
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #29
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

I could probably do that "challenge"... though right now I think I have about 300-400 in estimated spending.

Mind you, that doesn't include the Target 2-packs Zellers is getting or Unicron.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #30
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
id do that too but im terrified my wifey would see it on here!