Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #11
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: Passing of the TF legacy to a chosen one :)

As bad as it sounds, I don't see myself keeping my full-blown collection long enough to bring with me to the grave.

The few that I will keep with me into my old age, I'll probably hand them off to my kids or grandkids when they're old enough to appreciate them ("Geez dad/grandpa, you guys only had the simple Masterpiece TFs when you were young? Man you guys were primitive back then..."). Whatever they chose to do with them at that point will be up to them, I guess.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Funny part is that I have thought of this. I've asked my wife to keep select one's to be passed down for keepsake but the bulk of them will go to the childrens hospital. MP Ultra Magnus and Predaking are to be thrown in the box with me before they close the lid.. Of course, this is based on the "if I were to die in the near future" scenario. 30 years from now (assuming I make it..) I would need to reasses. If the collection was worth a bundle I would give dibs to my children with the remainder sold off with proceeds still going to the childrens hospital. Wouldn't be a wise thing to have some poor child in need playing with a 30+year old Fire Guts God Ginrai when it could be "cashed in" to do much more for them.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

To be honest, I would be able to brign them all with me, evenif I wanted to. I'd bring a select few with me for sure (G1 Ultra Magnus comes to mind). As for the rest, ideally, my child(ren) would turn into collectors as well and have my leftovers added to their's. If not, I'd just pass it down and have them do what they will with them.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
... but the bulk of them will go to the childrens hospital.
That is damn decent of you.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
-KG-
Kranix

My intention has always been to keep a ledger of everything I own with name, pics and value. Hopefully in the next few years I will have kids; they will get them and be able to do whatever they want with them. The ledger will be there so they don't get ripped off if they try to sell them.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #16
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

I have no answer for this question... I will not know what's happening to them after I die anyways.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #17
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Viking Funeral.

But seriously? Sell them off and use the money as part of my estate to be passed on, unless there are any someone wants to keep. Not that my collection is all that big anyway.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #18
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I've already made the mistake of doing the "give it all away to charity/church" thing and I've been slowly replicating my collection ever since.

I remember the feeling I had when my dad gave me a genuine Corgi James Bond Aston Martin toy from the late 60s. I was in heaven, and I treated that little gold car like a real brick of gold for 15 years until I gave it away, which I regret 100% (see my first paragraph above).

So I hope in the near future my son will appreciate it when I hand down my TFs and other toys to him. I'd love to see his eyes light up like mine surely did...

As a side note, I checked in on my son this morning as I was getting ready to go to work. He had somehow managed to get my Classics Jetfire and Starscream from off the shelf they were sitting on. He was pusing them around like cars on our floor, making the 'vroom vroom' sound.

I was so proud of my 18 month old then, until I realized one of Jetfire's blue missiles had shot across the room, and Starscream was about the get sat on...So I scooped my TF's and replaced them with Burger King Movie Optimus Prime and MacDonald's Lugnut...

That's my boy!!!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #19
Lysist
Alternator

I am really not sure what will happen with my collection when I go. If I still have them in 50+ years then I will probably see if some of the choice pieces can be donated to a museum or a grand collection somewhere.
I plan on taking my BT Black Convoy to the grave or at least having my ashes held in the back. I am young and foolish so this could easily change.
I have a hard time with thinking about the "long term" when it comes to my collection because life is ever changing. I always wonder how many collections get wiped out in natural disasters. If I need to sell it for some critical reason or my life change direction drastically, then it would be gone.
Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
Batman
The Dark Knight

Charity.