Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #41
Rogue_Optimus
Armada
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

at my age, anything bigger than a legion or scout I have to use the instructions or youtube vid
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #42
elburrito
Animated
Re: TF do you still need Instruction for transformation are you too pro for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime View Post
I need the instructions the first time, but after that I don't use them.
this is my approach too.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #43
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

While I no longer need to use the instructions for most figures I still use them the first time around anyways just for the sense of nostalgia I get going back and forth with each step.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #44
justprime
Animated

Mostly use the box art/photo and go from there carefully... if I get stuck,I go to the instructions .... I have found of late that Hasbros instructions suck they ommit steps and there piss poor photos are unclear and misleading,.. there mono tones do a disservice in instruction,... its something I feel they should work on to enhance the fun of transforming the more complicated pieces,... the movie pieces with there little locking tabs and fragile plastic could have been better if the instructions had been in color and better photos of steps taken to transform were more clear in some figures.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
joshimus
Metroplex

I generally don't use instructions. Toys I haven't transformed in a long time I can generally figure out how to do it again. Not saying some are HARD, but some are a bit more tricky. Like ROTF Leader Prime isn't HARD, but he can be tricky. Masterpiece Megatron isn't hard either, but he is tricky and a bit tedious to transform. So there is an annoying factor involved. Some of the smaller panel formers were more annoying than hard. In some cases, I cut tabs to make it less annoying to fold together.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
wedge1021
Energon

I always use the instructions the first time I transform, then rarely ever after that. Of course, that is mainly because I have only transformed most of my figures once. In actuality, I use instructions most of the time. Not only am I anal about having my TFs transformed properly, I also find no shame in liking them to remain intact and unbroken. Even a $5 figure. It's still $5 that I had to work for. Unless or course its a fairly simple mold that I have done lots of times, like the seekers, legion class, etc. Or Quakewave, which is another reason he is awesome - easy to figure out transformation, solid construction.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #47
Deception
Crossover

i'd rather just watch a video on youtube then read an instruction manual...those things are annoying
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Never use paper instructions... I'm a pro... every single TF in my collection: I know how to transforms. Yes even MP-Megatron... the more complicated the transformation, the more I love the toy... I got TF that i dont really like their looks or character, but because they have awesome and complicated transformations, they are in my collection. :-)
Old 12-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #49
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i'd rather just watch a video on youtube then read an instruction manual...those things are annoying
yes totally agree....rather watched the video on yooutube....much easier and not worrying some parts might break....