Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #231
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: Movie Talk (Possible Spoilers)

The Mouse House says Indiana Jones 5 (Raiders of Diminished Interest) is happening in 2019 whether you want it or not.

Unless Ford commits the same gusto he had for his final outing as Han Solo, the franchise can be summarized thusly:

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 03-15-2016 at 06:29 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #232
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Watched Batman vs Superman last night and I gotta I understand the criticism it's been getting. DCU fans will probably love it since they'll get all the inside referernces, but for the casual viewer unfamiliar with the comics, I can see where some of the story comes across as a little confusing.

That said, I liked it ok. Didn't hate, didn't love it. But I also had relatively neutral feelings about the individual Thor movies and still loved both Avenger films. I wouldn't say BvS was a bust, but they could've achieved the same effect on a quicker pace. Very slow wind up leading to the climax in the movie, which in itself I thoroughly enjoyed and was the best part of the film for sure, but then it was also followed up a by very slow wind down too.

Ben Affleck wasn't terrible nor terrific as Batman nor as Bruce Wayne. He really wasn't given all that many lines or backstory to flesh out the depth of his character, but he did well enough for what he was given to work with. The fighting style he portrayed was well done and does Batman justice, but I give more credit to the director and fight choreographer for that than the actor himself.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is also neither a bust nor a hit. She plays a strong role in the final battle, but she's not as dominating or imposing as I expected her character to be. Will reserve judgement until we see her own movie that's still to come.

Final verdict: 6 or 7 out of 10 for me.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #233
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Just come back from Captain America Civil War. I have to say all the Cap movies are getting better and better while Iron Man went way down with Iron Man 3. I also can't stand Iron Man/Tony Stark constant change of attitude throughout all the movie. One movie he is kicking asses and the next he is having panic attacks and guilt trips like a wuss.

But Cap is great.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #234
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I watched Zoolander 2. Goddamn brilliant follow up lol. Better than unexpected.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #235
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Just come back from Captain America Civil War. I have to say all the Cap movies are getting better and better while Iron Man went way down with Iron Man 3. I also can't stand Iron Man/Tony Stark constant change of attitude throughout all the movie. One movie he is kicking asses and the next he is having panic attacks and guilt trips like a wuss.

But Cap is great.
Just saw Civil War this past weekend as well. Absolutely loved the big rumble at the airport, definitely could put that entire battle on loop and watch that a few times, haha. Really hard to say if Civil War was better than Winter Soldier, they're both very close to each other in that regard.

Agree that Iron Man has gone downhill ever since IM3 which is a shame cuz I really like both Iron Man and Tony Stark, and initially thought I would align myself with Team Iron Man, but his character ark has changed quite a bit and as much I love his personality, at the end of the day, I've always had a problem with authority so Team Cap it is.

Big takeaway though, they absolutely NAILED the proper portrayal of Spidey/Parker this time. Perfect balance of both personas and I'm much more interested in the next Spidey reboot now than when it was originally announced it would be done a 3rd time. Really hoping for an Iron Spider debut in Homecoming.

Last edited by Chigimus; 05-11-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:15 PM   #236
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Checked out X-Men: Apocalypse last night and I quite liked it. Not sure if I want to say I liked it as much as First Class, but it's definitely comparable. My wife disliked it soley on the basis that who they casted to play young Jean Grey has no plausible resemblance to Famke Janssen's Jean Grey. Even though she knows this trilogy is a more of a reboot not intended as a prequel series to the first trilogy, she has the continuity in her mind and hates anything retcon. If you put that aside, you'll like it well enough.

My only real criticisms were that the other 3 horsemen aside from Magneto were not utilized enough, both in screen time and actual dialogue. They were portrayed very good though, casting and costume did a fine job with them.

Story was done well enough to be on a comfortable pace. I will say there probably wasn't a need to tie in the sub-plot with that cameo appearance, but at least the way they introduced it and have that piece of lore tie in was done seamlessly enough to not stand out as a piece that didn't fit into the big picture. Well done with that.

Question is, if you know your X-Men lore from the comics, the scene at the after credits is very suggestive of the next villain to appear, but then how does one think it could possibly play out given the results of this current installment?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #237
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Seen Angry Birds today with my son. I gotta say it was pretty entertaining & funny. I do however have to warn some other parents that some of the content may not be suitable for younger ages. Other than that I did like it & so did my 9 yr. old son.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 06-11-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #238
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Seen TMNT 2 today. Overall it was a pretty good movie. Liked that they added Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey Jones, Baxter Stockman & Krang for this one. Could've done without Megan Fox as April O'neil. Sure, she's hot, but Emma Stone could've played the part better than her imo. Neway I'd give it a 8.0 out of 10. Recommended to others to watch.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #239
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Saw Warcraft last night. I've heard many times so far that if you're a fan of the game, you will like it, but those not familiar with the lore will enjoy it more. It's visually fantastic. Blizzard excels at what they do to use CGI tools creatively to bring out details and not just splash effects on screen for the sake of eye candy. The backstory is told well enough for an audience not familiar with the lore, but for those that do, there will be a sense of hollowness at times, especially with Alliance characters. Overall though, it does a great job of setting up possible sequels (hopefully) and worth seeing if you simply enjoy fantasy films. 7.5/8 out of 10 for me.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #240
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Anyone who is a Ghostbusters fan should see the new movie. It met and exceeded my expectations. Plus for the first time in my movie going experience the 3D was actually done well. Not a let down.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote