Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #1621
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
You're preaching to the choir. It's been a royal pain. I hope many of the exclusives are recolored characters (galaxy shockwave, green general megatron) which are easy to skip. Core characters and molds have been a royal pain, particularly with the cancellations (looking at you Amazon!!!!!)
Definitely agree with you. Recolors should be exclusives, not new molds or characters.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #1622
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
This exclusive stuff is getting to be a pain. I managed to get thundercracker and skywarp and the decepticon clones late last year. Then the stores shut down, the website had nothing. Now I managed to get thrust and runabout online when their notoriously unreliable stock system said they where in stock at any store within 25km of my home. I'd order, they'd cancel and kept happening until one day they didn't and I got notice to go pick it up. Its been ridiculous and taken way too much of my time. I recently got back into collecting with this current trilogy but didn't know it would be this hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
You're preaching to the choir. It's been a royal pain. I hope many of the exclusives are recolored characters (galaxy shockwave, green general megatron) which are easy to skip. Core characters and molds have been a royal pain, particularly with the cancellations (looking at you Amazon!!!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Definitely agree with you. Recolors should be exclusives, not new molds or characters.

I agree with all of this. I've been cool with ignoring the EB exclusives because they're recolors and for the most part it doesn't bother me to not get "it's character X, but a different color!"

But the coneheads being exclusives are frustrating because they're a unique and relatively prominent character set that is not represented elsewhere.

I should be less frustrated about Runabout because he technically is a recolor of Runamuck, but Runabout is one of the rare characters I have a particular attachment to because it's one of the handful of random G1/G2 characters I had the toys of as a kid (I had the most awkward assortment of bots. Hot Spot, Swindle, and Blot but none of their teammates, Runabout, Optimus, 3 Throttlebots, G2 Grimlock, G2 Stalker, G2 Dreadwind and Smokescreen) and I get the biggest kick out of being able to have them across generations like that.

So the fact that it's so bloody difficult to get a character that shouldn't be a huge seller just because he's a) an exclusive and b) seemingly of limited distribution because of the pandemic and TRU's nonsense supply chain management is extra frustrating.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #1623
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I think Runabout is technically a remold because his head is different. Everything else is the same.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #1624
delrue
Crossover

Also comes with one more gun than Runamuck does.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #1625
Pax52
Generation 1

Runabout is back up online just ordered one after a scalper took all of the instore ones over weekend
Pax52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:52 PM   #1626
Ozrein
Stunticon

And gone.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #1627
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
I think Runabout is technically a remold because his head is different. Everything else is the same.
So is the Amazon Exclusive Dead Prime and the POTP Nemesis Prime before that but no one cried foul.
I don't think it's about remolds or redecos, it's about how how well known a character is, I think that's the only way exclusives could be fair.

G2 Sandstorm makes sense as an exclusive, the coneheads do not since they were on the show and quite prominently.

Nemesis Prime as an exclusive also makes sense, Optimus Prime as an exclusive would be dumb.

Bugbite makes sense as an exclusive, Bumblebee does not.

And on and on. I think what they are doing with Transmutate and many selects releases (like Nightshade) is the right way to go though. They are not exclusive, and fans can easily get them. But they don't clog up the shelves and don't give the standard retailers too much product to manage. They are also scalper proof, which is nice. Runabout should have been a selects release, like Transmutate was.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 03-08-2021 at 03:18 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #1628
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

My online order of Runabout arrived today.

Suggest checking your version as mine has had the rear window area plastic damaged on both edges by overtightened plastic fasteners (near gas cap and on opposite side).

Is it major, not really but certainly adds two noticeable defects in car mode.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #1629
pringj
Generation 1

Runabout is back up for free store pickup. Just ordered one now
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #1630
pringj
Generation 1

Apologies, here is the link https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../84AEB9A9.html
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote