Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 09-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #41
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Guest voice actors, maybe expand the scope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
And for the record, Canada is only 5514 km coast to coast, you hardly made a 4000 km round trip. To Winnipeg and back from Toronto is only 3026 km. Don't exaggerate, it takes away from your argument.
Funny the odmeter read 4400 KM's. This included a few other stops and checking out more than just TFCon, driving around Toronto, checking out Niagra Falls for a day, trekking around a little in Minneapolis, so on, so forth.

But I'm sure your right. If I travelled straight to TFCon, never having to pull off to find a gas station, restaurant or store, it would be what you claim it is.

Clearly your speaking from experience and I'm not.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #42
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

the internet is where the facts are, NOT in the real world. and THAT is a fact.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #43
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
This thread title should be changed to "Maybe expand the scope to accomodate Shockwave 75"...
Wow, and Robimus accused me of trying to force confrontation!
I'll just ignore the flame-bait and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
here here. the "80s toy expo" to me isnt about the guests, its about the dealer room. i mean, "toy" is in the name of the "convention". i think multi-show conventions only work if they're HUGE and can support the breadth of talent they'd need to be successful. TFCON has ALWAYS been more about community and the more social aspect of things and i think them having ~3 guests that are more or less transformers-centric are basically what makes the entire thing what it is.
Guess what? Things change.

Besides, no one is saying that you would have to go and see or interact in any way with the special guest/s. If all you're interested in is the dealer room, then by all means, do what makes you happy. Go to the dealer room and have a blast!
But tell me, why should anyone else who may be interested in special guests be deprived of them because they're not important to you?
Maybe someone can only come on sunday due to personal or professional matters, or they just don't want to fight the saturday crowds; they should not get to meet someone because it's not important to you?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #44
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Funny the odmeter read 4400 KM's. This included a few other stops and checking out more than just TFCon, driving around Toronto, checking out Niagra Falls for a day, trekking around a little in Minneapolis, so on, so forth.

But I'm sure your right. If I travelled straight to TFCon, never having to pull off to find a gas station, restaurant or store, it would be what you claim it is.

Clearly your speaking from experience and I'm not.
Drat! Foiled again!! Clearly my ignorance of the minutia of your trip was my undoing!

You never specified that you drove, I assmued you flew, my bad.
Nor did you mention any of your side trips. You left it wide open to be interpreted as a trip straight to and from Winnipeg & Toronto.
That trip, even occasionally stopping for gas/food/lodgings still wouldn't add up to 4000 km's.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #45
Vangelus
Beast Machine

I don't want more voice actor guests unless they're The Rock Rocky Maiavia. XD

http://ca.youtube.com/user/Vange1us
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #46
Prowler
Posting from the shadows

Quote:
But tell me, why should anyone else who may be interested in special guests be deprived of them because they're not important to you?
Maybe someone can only come on sunday due to personal or professional matters, or they just don't want to fight the saturday crowds; they should not get to meet someone because it's not important to you?
Why should the many Transformers fans attending with no interest in special guests be deprived of meeting one more Transformers guest because they're important to you?

Counter arguments to back up one's point are easy to make...

Where's the logic in any of this "Shockwave"? "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few". If hundreds of attendees want another TF guest, why would the organizers for a second think about spending just as much (if not more) on getting a guest which has little interest to the TF fans?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #47
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
You never specified that you drove, I assmued you flew, my bad.
Nor did you mention any of your side trips. You left it wide open to be interpreted as a trip straight to and from Winnipeg & Toronto.
That trip, even occasionally stopping for gas/food/lodgings still wouldn't add up to 4000 km's.
So since I never specified how I travelled why would you assume that I was lying? You might as well have just accused me of not going at all.

Clearly I made the trip, did a little sight seeing along the way and totalled more than 4000 km's, 4400 and change to be exact.

Every kilometer had TFCon to thank because otherwise I would not have gone.

Now you go make the round trip by car and then tell me how many kilometers you used, then we'll talk.

I'll even see if I can get Larry Kenney to appear at one of our local conventions to make it worth your while.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #48
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

1- enough with the back and forth arguing
2- there is no guarantee that the 80s Toy Expo will occur on the Sunday of TFcon in 2012, it may happen at another time next year
3- Sgt. Slaughter actually attended the Action Figure Expo, not the 80s Toy Expo
Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #49
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Why should the many Transformers fans attending with no interest in special guests be deprived of meeting one more Transformers guest because they're important to you?
Where's the logic in any of this "Shockwave"? "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few". If hundreds of attendees want another TF guest, why would the organizers for a second think about spending just as much (if not more) on getting a guest which has little interest to the TF fans?
No one need be "deprived" of anything, especially if, as Super Megatron points out below, there is no guarantee that both shows will be on the same weekend next year. If that's the case this whole line of discussion is moot.
My whole point is that we don't know what everybody would like, so why not at least ask?
If the will of the masses is a resounding "no", I may be a tad disappointed, but it will in no way lessen my enjoyment of next year's TFCon. IMO it is the best con of it's nature that is held in the GTA. Fan Expo can suck it!
If either con's are not held together again, then as I said this whole line is moot and no one need be polled at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
So since I never specified how I travelled why would you assume that I was lying? You might as well have just accused me of not going at all.
If I gave the impression that I was accusing you of lying I apologise. I, in fact said you were exaggerating. Given the facts I had at hand at the time it was not an incorrect assesment to make.
Still, as I said, if you felt slighted I am sorry for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
1- enough with the back and forth arguing
Believe me, I wish it would stop. At best I had hoped that we get some great discussion, I had no idea that my suggestion would engender such hostility from some parties.
Quote:
2- there is no guarantee that the 80s Toy Expo will occur on the Sunday of TFcon in 2012, it may happen at another time next year
Thus rendering all this irrelevant.
Quote:
3- Sgt. Slaughter actually attended the Action Figure Expo, not the 80s Toy Expo
Good to know.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 09-05-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #50
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Relax people, I don't think Shockwave asked a bad question or tried to speak for anyone, he's just proposing an idea. It's completely legitimate to discuss whether TFcon ought to be a 100% Transformers-focused event, 90% or 80% or less. I think that's what the question essentially boils down to. I think a number of people, myself included, would be a little weary of seeing more of a presence of non-TF events/guests because there are already a number of more general sci-fi/comic/toy conventions to meet those guests, and TFcon is special because it's truly a Transformers convention. I feel the current formula is just the right mix. But if you did add *1* marquee non-TF guest, I think that would still be fine. That said, I think if it becomes cost-effective, that I'd sooner see another Transformers guest first.

In general, I would rather not add any more guests if it meant increasing the admission cost. I don't mind paying $20-$40 for TFcon, but I like that admission is accessible for casual fans, curious/bored people just looking and families.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote