Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #141
Prowler
Posting from the shadows
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
Yup, of cuz I wont' shop there, did i tell u i am going to shop there? lol U must be dreaming if i do.
No, hypocritical because you said you won't post here again yet you are...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #142
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
and yet here we are
I thought that was funny too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
But that's just it. Boris is operating in the same store as Spencer and we're just supposed to take his word that there is no involvement on Spencer's part at all? That's just too ridiculous.
How is it ridiculous that Boris would have rented space from within Urban Samurai? It would be cheaper than renting the whole space, and less overhead especially for a start-up (re-start-up?) business needing to increase its cash flow. It's a lot less ridiculous than people thinking Spencer is secretly running the new A3U from his underground panic room beneath Urban Samurai, hoping that canadian collectors are idiots and will fall for his plant, "Boris," that sounds like a character out of Rocky and Bulkwinkle.

Look, I concede that looks strange, but I have yet to hear of stories of Boris ripping people off, so until that happens, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Actually, maybe Spencer did the stupidest move (reviving A3U in plain sight) thinking most customers would find the idea too stupid to be possible, therefore making his cover near perfect.
Lol. If this turns out to be true, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

Last edited by pud333; 12-15-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #143
darthrage
Beast Machine

Who cares about the past anymore?? The beef you have with the former owner is probably more than a year old.

Why is it so hard to believe that a 3rd party wanted to re-open a store under the same name without knowledge of the store's history? Did it ever occur to you that the new owner didn't have a clue about the drama that goes on here about a single store?

Why is that such a big deal to people? Just because some people (yeah all 3 of you) had a bad experience with A3U in the past doesn't mean that has anything to do with this NEW store.

It is a new store with a fresh new start and Boris has been nothing but sincere and straight-up from the very start.

"telling people to do their own homework" ???

WHAT HOMEWORK??? Spy work? So what do you plan to do? Visit the store incognito with your trenchcoat, sunglasses and hat and pretend to be a customer and talk to the people who work there to get inside info? Get a life. Why is it so important to you that you get information about what is going on with this store?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #144
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Wouldn't the logical solution for Spencer be to open a new store under a different name (and probably in a different location) hoping no one would realize it's just A3U v2.0? He would have to grow a full-on russian beard and wear dark glasses and a funky hat at all times though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
How is it ridiculous that Boris would have rented space from within Urban Samurai? It would be cheaper than renting the whole space, and less overhead especially for a start-up (re-start-up?) business needing to increase its cash flow. It's a lot less ridiculous than people thinking Spencer is secretly running the new A3U from his underground panic room beneath Urban Samurai, hoping that canadian collectors are idiots and will fall for his plant, "Boris," that sounds like a character out of Rocky and Bulkwinkle.
Addition to the overhead and less operational expense, there might be something in the contract that Boris can inherit the A3U name and properties super cheap (cheaper than starting a new business for himself). Also, some of the import stuffs, you have to sign contract with the supplier or at least have some formal relationship with the existing supplier. It is not like the supplier would give the wholesale deal when a new guy/a new store name just show up with cash. Besides, if the new owner has no experience before, he does not have a clue that how shipping will be handing, how long it would take from the releasing date to the product actually arrived and any additional charge or fees.

The thing with the Spencer shows up in the store does surprise people. Yes, he could help Boris with some lack of knowledge and experience or just simply help his friends. However, he does not show up and help the Metrotown comic store (the formal A3U location). Most of the people heard about his reasons to close the store last year and he did not want to involve with the new store and will join the military or other career paths what soever... but here we have people seeing him in the new A3U in Lougheed mall.

And where are those board members outside of the BC who have issues with A3U ? They just do not want to talk about A3U,Or their problems have been sloved ? at least they can confirm that they get their last shippment and money return.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #145
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
That's exactly right, A3U is no BBTS. BBTS is an established online store that actually has a good reputation. A3U's reputation was in the dirt, why would anyone besides Spencer push so hard to revive this name? And not only is A3U associated with TFs, but also with an incompetent business owner.
I just wanted to point out that BBTS does have a reputation for Scalping, yet is a huge and popular online retailer.

Taking a glance at the TFW boards shows their reputation, at least from that end, to be questionable.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #146
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Actually, maybe Spencer did the stupidest move (reviving A3U in plain sight) thinking most customers would find the idea too stupid to be possible, therefore making his cover near perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Lol. If this turns out to be true, then I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.
Me 2nd!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #147
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDougs View Post
Does anyone here remember when the old A3U site got hacked, and for a few days there was nothing but a picture of an asian guy flipping the bird?
Ted?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #148
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Ted?
I remember that. I think it was for more than a few days the site was hacked. Ted joined up with the owner of Comic Land, and opened up another location for it at Brentwood mall. But it didn't last long.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #149
Pascal
Banned

Didn't he even go as far as copying A3U's colors for his store or something? I think I heard something like that.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #150
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Didn't he even go as far as copying A3U's colors for his store or something? I think I heard something like that.
What happened is, Spencer opened up the first A3U, about a store up from Comic Land. From what the Comic Land owner told me, Spencer got mad that CL was selling toys and comic book figures, as it was competing with his store. Even though they had always carried those type of items, and since most comic book stores do anyways. So then Spencer moved to Metrotown, and Comic Land moved into the original A3U spot, as it was a bigger store space for them. And the owner was just plain lazy I guess and didn't bother repainting the store. When they opened up the second store in Coquitlam, they decided to paint the store in the same colors as the first, which was the A3U scheme. It was also to make Spencer mad. They told me this straight out as one of the reasons for keeping that color scheme. When Ted joined up, he helped open the 3rd store at Brentwood, and they kept the color scheme going with that place too.

Tags
agesthreeandup