Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
SimonMK
Armada
Re: MP Skywarp: Worth the Wait?

I just got MP SKywarp yesterday. But when I try to make him stand, he always fall on his back even thought he doesn't look back heavy.

And I can't connect him with his base, both of them doesn't want to snap together.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Man, I am SICK of these "is this obviously awesome toy worth getting?!" threads. This one is even worse because you KNOW you are getting it...geez.

Any original thoughts about TFs left anymore, or is the consumer aspect all we have left?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
Prowler
Posting from the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Man, I am SICK of these "is this obviously awesome toy worth getting?!" threads. This one is even worse because you KNOW you are getting it...geez.

Any original thoughts about TFs left anymore, or is the consumer aspect all we have left?
Ditto but would like to add how useless they are as they ALWAYS end in a majority that say "get it"...why ask when the answer is obvious?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yeah, he's a great figure. I just opened mine and I think he's pretty good. Now, is he perfect? No. There are some kibble issues with his hips that restrict some of the posability, but the stand helps alot because you can pose him without worrying about balancing the figure. Here are a couple of youtube revies of the figure. The first one is done by a guy who modded the figure so it no longer has kibble and posability issues. The second one is review on the unmodded figure. I so want to do the mod because it makes the figure perfect. But over all, it's a really cool figure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izPgdShMkpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1zqJyCHPg
You don't actually have to modify anything. Especially if you don't have any experience with or confidence in you mod-ing abilities.

Just pop the ailerons off of whatever Seeker you need to do it to and just peg them onto their legs. They stand quite well this way, no screws, glue, or anything! I've done this to both Screamer and TC. Skywarp's are still on his hips since I have him in a "flying" pose.

Look at the pics I've attached and you'll see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	3839   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	3840   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	3841  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post

Just pop the ailerons off
actually vertical and horizontal stabilizers i was an aircraft tech. lol, ailerons are the flaps on the outside of the main wings for turning, inside ones are for takeoff/landing

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #26
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
actually vertical and horizontal stabilizers i was an aircraft tech. lol, ailerons are the flaps on the outside of the main wings for turning, inside ones are for takeoff/landing
lol thanks for the cool info

the Stabilizers stabilize Skywarp both in his F-15 Eagle mode and in robot mode.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post
I just got MP SKywarp yesterday. But when I try to make him stand, he always fall on his back even thought he doesn't look back heavy.

And I can't connect him with his base, both of them doesn't want to snap together.

Yeah, you have to force the peg in to fit him on the stand as a bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Ditto but would like to add how useless they are as they ALWAYS end in a majority that say "get it"...why ask when the answer is obvious?
I use to think this way, and there's one sure thing to do about it if you don't like the thread. Don't post in it and don't read it. Sometimes people just want to talk about a figure they like or hear opinions. One person's awesome is another person's meh... For example HA Skids is meh for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
You don't actually have to modify anything. Especially if you don't have any experience with or confidence in you mod-ing abilities.

Just pop the ailerons off of whatever Seeker you need to do it to and just peg them onto their legs. They stand quite well this way, no screws, glue, or anything! I've done this to both Screamer and TC. Skywarp's are still on his hips since I have him in a "flying" pose.

Look at the pics I've attached and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah, that's what I did, but the tail's too long so the feet don't sit flat. Also the ball joints on the hips restrict leg articulation. It's a good alternative if you don't want to mod, but the mod looks and works so well. If you check out this page, you'll see picks of the prototype for this mold, and it looks exactly like the mods. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=233006

I wonder why they changed it.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:42 AM   #28
blitz
More the Meets the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
What is the QC issue? I have TC and haven't noticed anything different from the other seekers.
The boobs were mixed up.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:58 AM   #29
WhiteRabbit
Wrecker

The MP line are proof to me that Takara doesn't always = superiority (I think most of the Henkei line is overrated deco-wise too).

I think Hasbro blew Takara outta the water with the decos on every MP mold they've released. And $60 for Skywarp is absolutely reasonable.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:09 AM   #30
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

I saw him today, and it hurt to turn away. I'm not so sure I'll get him, because if I do, I'll have to get Thundercracker. Because I love Thundercracker. And then, I'll have to get Starscream to complete the set. It's a can of worms that I'm not sure I wanna open! DX
Robot Heroes! Snarl and Sharkticon, Optimus and Barricade
Last buy: HFTD!Jetblade and Ironhide
Dream toys: 07 Black Japan exclusive, the Wonderfest exclusive, and the Battle Damaged versions of Arcee ones*sigh*
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote