Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #111
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Powered Commander... in Henkei colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus69 View Post
Theres no way I'm picking up any exclusive from Tfcon next year - thats if I even go ...theres no point. FP better not be there next year!
I still will, so long as it's not a bust repaint

I for one hope FP will be there next year. I want to see what other awesome figures they will pump out. Who cares if they beat the dead horse one more time so they can put a little more coin into that defender mould?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #112
Pascal
Banned

Although I don't think the boycott was a good idea, I'm surprised the other thread got locked. If it had been about Toynami, no one would have bothered locking it.

Last edited by Pascal; 05-12-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #113
chans formers
raff ow roud

i think the other thread got locked because the original poster requested it to be
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #114
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

To Shadow-1:
Sorry man, seems like I'm right. While I admit I did zero research on the subjet of Hasbro exclusives, my info came straight from the exact guys who've been trying to aquire a license to these aforementioned exclusives for years. So to me, their word is as good, if not better, than any research that I could do. Thanks Aernaroth and Super_Megatron for the backup.
But we're going off-topic here, so let's stop this discussion in this thread.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #115
Lysist
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Although I don't think the boycott was a good idea, I'm surprised the other thread got locked. If it had been about Toynami, no one would have bothered locking it.
I asked for it to be locked.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #116
Pascal
Banned

I think it was SM's intention to lock it whether you asked for it or not.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #117
venksta
Render Project Creations

DrillBIT over at TFW made an interesting post. Apparently, Japanese fans have been aware of the Henkei Commander for awhile now, since March at the earliest probably, and preorders were also up for weeks. I asked him for links to the stores putting preorders up. If this is true, then maybe this Henkei version was the first version, and FP made a batch from it as an exclusive for TFCon? Also, the whole wide release is not true then, as the original poster at TFW is the only one who claimed it. According to the post below, Henkei Commander could also be limited to Japan only. Doesn't look like it really, but just a thought...

DrillBIT's post:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post3597582

Update:
Got a link to a Japanese online store taking preorders for the Henkei Commander. I've been asked not to post the link, so I will honor it. The site has the preorder listed at $154.45 US (178.86 CAD). If this version is limited to Japanese retailers, then factor in the commission of a proxy service company, shipping to their warehouse, then shipping to you, this version will easily cost over $275 CAD.

Last edited by venksta; 05-13-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #118
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think it was SM's intention to lock it whether you asked for it or not.
Ahem "Cybertron.ca does not support the boycott of any company or product"

This has been stated in the past.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #119
Prowler
Posting from the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Update:
Got a link to a Japanese online store taking preorders for the Henkei Commander. I've been asked not to post the link, so I will honor it. The site has the preorder listed at $154.45 US (178.86 CAD). If this version is limited to Japanese retailers, then factor in the commission of a proxy service company, shipping to their warehouse, then shipping to you, this version will easily cost over $275 CAD.
I'd also like to point out to those who think they can get these for less then $160, the original "quoted" price of $90 US from TFW is actually 90 pounds at Kapow Toys.

http://www.kapow-toys.com/product_in...7328c05089ccb7

Once you do the conversion into Canadian that alone is 87.99 GBP = $155.84 CDN.

:O Wow pretty much what you already paid at the show! With your admission!

After shipping from Britain (about $30) we're now at ~$185.84 CDN....factor in whatever customs fees you'll get hit with and we're well over $200.

With that said, quit complaining all you penny pinchers, you won't get a chromed version for less then $160 AT ALL.

TFcon was awesome this year and it sucks that the organizers are potentially getting screwed.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #120
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'd also like to point out to those who think they can get these for less then $160, the original "quoted" price of $90 US from TFW is actually 90 pounds at Kapow Toys.

http://www.kapow-toys.com/product_in...7328c05089ccb7

Looks like the pre-order sold out already!

Even the description is a dig at anyone who paid big $$ for the TFcon exclusive...

"FansProject Powered Commander - Wide Release - At last! the elusive TFCon Powered Armour is available for less than an arm and a leg. It is a recolour of the City Commander and is designed for Henkei or Classics Optimus Prime, this version aswell as being a recolour comes with added missile launchers also has needly added chrome detailing to the chest area so it fits in with henkei - this is a pre-order due for late May release"

Something smells rotten in Denmark.....
Closed Thread