Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-25-2024, 12:41 AM   #3541
Maland2016
Generation 2
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I started to notice that Toysrus has stopped selling video game stuff.
Oh yeah, they stopped that a while ago here. For us, the Marvel stuff, Pokemon, manga + graphic novels, Mario, and some electronics take up that space, along with some assorted stuff like Minecraft, Roblox, a couple stuff from TV shows and anime...

Still got questions about it on my seasonal (I worked there from late October/early November to the 22nd of December), but thankfully, the mall is directly behind us and a Gamestop's in there, so we directed them to there, or Walmart, etc etc.
Maland2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 12:46 AM   #3542
Maland2016
Generation 2

...So some of the reissued Beast Wars toys are on the website, . K-9, Wolfang, Cybershark, Scorponok and Retrax. Pickup only. I guess it's another Legacy Beast Trio situation where some Walmart exclusives somehow found their way up here via TRU.

All 35.99 except for Scorp, who's 66.99... and that's if you haven't already gotten him via Gamestop (roughly same price) or Winners/Marshalls. Can't remember how much he was, but I did see him there once or twice.
Maland2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:04 AM   #3543
imfallenangel
Cybertron

The getting out of selling game thing was official last year I thought...about the same time that they were switching to more books My local one had what was left in one of those metal net bins in the middle of the aisles for at least 3-4 months..

I remember reading about it last year.

But even GameStop is heading that way as most of the newer system is more about downloading the games, as the trade side of cartridges is dying. Only the particular stores that willl specialize in such will continue to do that sort of thing along with pawnshops and people at events and flea markets.

Then again, most older games I tend to have to go to eBay anyways.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-25-2024 at 02:08 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:42 AM   #3544
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maland2016 View Post
...So some of the reissued Beast Wars toys are on the website, . K-9, Wolfang, Cybershark, Scorponok and Retrax. Pickup only. I guess it's another Legacy Beast Trio situation where some Walmart exclusives somehow found their way up here via TRU.

All 35.99 except for Scorp, who's 66.99... and that's if you haven't already gotten him via Gamestop (roughly same price) or Winners/Marshalls. Can't remember how much he was, but I did see him there once or twice.

Skorponok was $19.99 at Winners/Marshall's I believe.

Nice to see those other ones popping up at TRU. I'll wait to see if they get a lot of stock and then the inevitable price drop when they don't sell before buying them.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 11:09 PM   #3545
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I just want to point out since some say Wheeljack will be a shelfwarmer because of Jazz or the other Buzzworthy. I don't think it might be the case. Because I was thinking more the line of Road Rage, Thrust or Runabout. They were hard to get Target Exclusives. They were even harder to get here.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:41 PM   #3546
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I just want to point out since some say Wheeljack will be a shelfwarmer because of Jazz or the other Buzzworthy. I don't think it might be the case. Because I was thinking more the line of Road Rage, Thrust or Runabout. They were hard to get Target Exclusives. They were even harder to get here.
Did any of those figures even release here to begin with?
Old 01-27-2024, 06:38 PM   #3547
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Rex View Post
In very small quantities. Never saw Road Rage here, but Thrust and Runabout I got the one and only time I saw them at my local TRU.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 06:51 PM   #3548
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I saw Runabout in store once and once online. I only saw Thurst once online, never in store.

Somehow whenever I try to order an exclusive from Toysrus, they always say in stock, but when I go to check out, they say it's not available in my location. I called Toysrus custotmer service, they said there is a warehouse in British Columbia and online orders only go to individual warehouses. So they said you can only order and ship to you if it's at your warehouse.

What's the Point on that?

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 03:11 AM   #3549
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Rex View Post

I know a Runabout was at my local TRU as I had been phoning it every couple of days to try and get word of a delivery until one day I was told they had no deliveries scheduled for that day only for another boardie to end up at the store like a couple hours after I phoned and see Runabout on the shelf. Unfortunately he didn't get home until much later and wasn't able to inform me about it being there until it was too late. Ultimately I ended up complaining to their customer service department about the awful experiences I had with trying to communicate with that store (it wasn't just being lied to about the shipment. The next day I was supposed to be passed off to the manager, got left on hold for like half an hour, had someone come back to tell me the manager wasn't there and to try again when she'd be in the store after 2pm. I phoned back at like 2:30 and whoever I talked to was totally in the dark about the idea that the manager would be there at all, so I left my name and number and then never heard back from them. And it's not like I was being a belligerent asshole. Until I phoned back several days later and still got the runaround I was patient and cordial.) and the CS rep ended up sympathizing and had one of the last Runabouts left in stock in the country shipped from a store in Ontario out to my local store for me.

Thrust I bought online during one of those weird, random, middle-of-the-night restocks that only last for like 20 minutes before they all sell out.

Road Rage I'm pretty sure I saw on a shelf but I wasn't a big fan of the Kingdom Tracks mold and was in my phase of only collecting prominent characters so I skipped her.

Honestly TRU generally sucks and I rarely shop there if I can get stuff elsewhere but they have usually been better than Walmart at store exclusive availability. Because at least their stuff does show up online and can show up in stores. I can't think of a Walmart exclusive line that didn't have at least some level of infuriatingly poor distribution/availability.
Old 02-03-2024, 03:23 PM   #3550
Tonestar
Star Seeker

It looks like TRU.ca took some of WalMart TF exclusives because I just saw on their site they had the R.E.D. Non Transforming Wave of Knock Out, Coronation Starscream, Optimus Primal and Ultra Magnus for $35.99 each plus their Beast Wars Reissues of Deluxe Retrax, K9, Wolfang, Cybershark for $35.99 plus Voyager Scorponok for $66.99. All appear to be in stock for ordering.