Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg
Re: 100% Complete

how did "L@@K" ever catch on?
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
justprime
Animated

I class 100% as all pieces that came with the piece,.. MIB/card,.. refers in my opinion to a piece that was bought and never opened.... shelf ware is the small imperfections such as scuffs on a bubble or window and does not include crushed ,torn, misformerd box/card,.. I treat these as a grade above an opened box,opened box/card I treat as a loose figure price wise.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Sure it is, it's just not MI-S-B.
I may be wrong, but I always thought the M in MIB ment "Mint". Just because it has its box, instr. etc does not mean it is mint. I think that is what JLvatron is saying. I think the whole MIB and MISB thing is completely abused at this point as well.

In any case, as to the original post. I think sellers do that to attract attention to their auction...100% COMPLETE!! looks a lot better than 72% COMPLETE!! But it is a bad practice.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Sure it is, it's just not MI-S-B.
That's not right. If it's not In a box, it aint Mint In Box.

Even if it is placed back in the box, the MINT part has to pertain to the box too, so it would also need all of the box packaging contents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
I may be wrong, but I always thought the M in MIB ment "Mint". Just because it has its box, instr. etc does not mean it is mint. I think that is what JLvatron is saying. I think the whole MIB and MISB thing is completely abused at this point as well.
You are right!
Yah, most people interchange MIB & MISB which is incorrect. And I agree, it's abused.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #15
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
the MINT part has to pertain to the box too, so it would also need all of the box packaging contents.
I don't know about that.... It's MIB: Mint In Box not Mint in Mint Box. Auctions would typically say something like "G1 Optimus Prime MIB (corners slightly dented)."

For example here is an random ebay auction:
You are bidding on a sealed Transformers Universe Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary figure. Figure comes sealed MIB(mint in box)with box showing some general shelf wear. Hasbro 2008. A great addition to any collection.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #16
justprime
Animated

Mint in mint box or card vary hard to find as even out of the case bubbles can be scuffed and boxes have imperfections due to shipping you can thank AFA grading for this craze I know of a few people that have bought AFA's and are not happy with what they recieved said its just a way to pump up the price. again a perception and as stated a way to sell for a high dollar.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
chans formers
raff ow roud

the way i see it(which i thought was common sense,even though it's not common)

misb=mint in sealed box.(the product has never been opened,ever.still has factory sealed flaps and box is in untouched condition)

mib=mint in box.(product has been opened,is still fully complete,has all weapons and instructions and pack-ins)

mosc=mint on sealed card.(product is still factory sealed onto card backing with little to no wear on card/bubble.)

loose,100%complete=(product is loose,still has everything that came with it including instructions.just doesn't have card/box.)

loose complete= (product has everything weapons and parts wise,but no box or instructions.)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Pascal
Banned

There's also LIP (loose, pulverized and incomplete).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post

misb=mint in sealed box.(the product has never been opened,ever.still has factory sealed flaps and box is in untouched condition)

mib=mint in box.(product has been opened,is still fully complete,has all weapons and instructions and pack-ins)

mosc=mint on sealed card.(product is still factory sealed onto card backing with little to no wear on card/bubble.)

loose,100%complete=(product is loose,still has everything that came with it including instructions.just doesn't have card/box.)

loose complete= (product has everything weapons and parts wise,but no box or instructions.)

this is what all the toy price guides established long ago as well, and i thought this was common acceptance.
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #20
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post

I also thought that was common knowledge.

Good list, Chans!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote