Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #41
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: movie line is it worthless???

I offloaded all my CHUGS and Movieverse in favor of G1 and Masterpieces and I gotta tell ya I couldn't give away some of the Bayverse shit let alone sell it. Well, with the exception of HFTD BBBB, Sea Attack Ravage and Leader Class Starscream, Amazon Jetfire Optimus Prime, and HA 'Bee and Barricade. All of which were excellent but not missed.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
I would never spend $100 for a figure... but to each his own.
I wish... really wish I could be as strong... but $100 is the going freaking rate for all third party stuff lol

(I know not all... but the ones I want are $100)
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i have a bunch of movie stuff that i wish i never bought now. and i know i wont be able to make what i paid for them....like someone else said i might not even be able to give some away... not touching the new movie toys unless there is a diamond in the rough.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
laffy
Crossover

after reading all of our story's Hasbro needs to kill of the tf line and give a 5 year hold on them... only line that should and will continue is the mp line as they are not mass produced . as for all the crap that went down with orders for mp soundwave and now everyone returning there extras that they cant scalp, I hate to see the future of large scale sales of future Hasbro MPs....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #45
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
i have a bunch of movie stuff that i wish i never bought now. and i know i wont be able to make what i paid for them....like someone else said i might not even be able to give some away... not touching the new movie toys unless there is a diamond in the rough.
I dont understand what u guys mean by not be able to give them away. I am sure you can donate them to charity, they have ppl come over to my place to pick up clothes and toys all the time.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #46
Mikformer
Machine War

if you dont want them, give them to me!
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I dont understand what u guys mean by not be able to give them away. I am sure you can donate them to charity, they have ppl come over to my place to pick up clothes and toys all the time.

I meant from collector to collector. Like paying it forward through plastic crack .

Churches, charities will gladly take Bayverse anytime (By the way...you're welcome, Developmental Disabilites donation bin in Steveston Village).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikformer View Post
if you dont want them, give them to me!
There's a donation bin in Steveston Village I can draw a map to for you, but I don't think Premium deluxe Bumblebee, Barricade, etc. are reallly worth dumpster diving for .

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #48
strag
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to strag Send a message via MSN to strag Send a message via Skype™ to strag

Something I think we sometimes tend to forget as collectors of plastic crack is that first and foremost that most of this stuff isn't aimed at being collectibles but as toys, meant for kids.

This stuff isn't meant to hold value. Look at any other line of toys, unless it's something uber rare, chances are a few years after release it's not holding anywhere remotely close to its value. If people aren't interested in it anymore, and let's be honest, most of the fandom seems to have a hate on for the bayverse stuff, you aren't going to be able to sell it for much, if at all. Better off to donate it somewhere so that someone less fortunate can potentially get some enjoyment out of something that you're no longer getting any out of.

I mean sure if you're in a financial pinch you can sell off some or all of your collection to make ends meet, but you shouldn't be using that as a security blanket. We should be collecting for the joy of collecting, and enjoying these toys. If you start reducing them to which ones are worth more and which ones are worth less instead of just which ones you like and enjoy, you're going to end up sucking a lot of the fun out of the hobby. Just my two cents.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #49
jtkv
Robot Master

Well.. maybe it's because I haven't been exposed to these high-end lines yet... I better not venture into that pond yet... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
I wish... really wish I could be as strong... but $100 is the going freaking rate for all third party stuff lol

(I know not all... but the ones I want are $100)
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #50
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

You might have some luck when the next movie is out.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote