Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #41
CAF
Banned
Re: confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtron View Post

Its all about what you want! Would you really want to stare at a collection you don't like and have regrets or would you want to stare at one you love and have no regrets?
I have collected my whole life, and in waves of this, that and everything under the sun. I used to be a completionist, then I would change my mind and sell some off to get the next best thing.

I realized a few years ago exactly what you're saying here. And when it dawned on me, I was able to start letting go. Now I collect what I want. MP

The way I see it, you can't take anything with you, but we CAN be the stewards of these pieces and at the very least find comfort knowing we have kept them safe and sent them to collectors who will love them as much and pass them on eventually.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #42
CanBot
Cybertron

Remember this as well: you don't HAVE to collect an entire line. You can buy one, two, three...I was planning on getting only three. That...expanded

It seems the only real draw from the CHUG seekers is that you can own a complete set...something that will take a long time (if ever) through TakTom or Hasbro.

If having representations of all the seekers is important to you (and they're not KOs), then CHUG may be the way to go.

I will tell you this. If you get the Hasbro SS, and the quality is good, you'll do what it takes to get the rest at some point. This SS is the perfect opportunity. You can always take it back if you don't like it, still have your CHUGS.

Adult collector needs to collect adult toys?...and adult toys are somehow equivalent to MP line? I call BS on that one, and I really mean to offend nobody. The only reason you'd call the MP line an 'adult' line is that you generally need a job to pay for these luxury items yourself. That's not what makes a collection adult.

Take a look at some of the most expensive collections here, and they're G1. NOTHING looks more like a toy than G1, and just might impress NOBODY outside of the TF fandom. And the fact they're high in value means nothing to the enjoyment of the collector. Yet they're worth ten times the amount of a full blown MP collection. So, which one is more adult? The point: 'adult' is a meaningless term when it comes to collection classification.

You've already heard the simplest advice: collect what you WANT. But just like anything else in life, the challenge is deciding what you WANT: in life, love, business, anything. The 'getting' part isn't nearly the challenge of the 'deciding' part.

Well....unless you want to be an astronaut Or President. You get what I'm saying.

My advice? Get Hasbro SS. Take him back if he doesn't float your boat. But then truly ask yourself: do these CHUGS make me feel proud/good to own them as a collector? If yes, keep em. If not? Sell.

Last edited by CanBot; 09-03-2015 at 12:50 AM.
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:54 AM   #43
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I wiild justlike to say that if you are trying to get a collection like sone of us have here then you have to start some where. When i started collecting it was alternators and human alliance and now i collect alot more. Give it time and you will have what you want. Mine has taken 5 years plus to get what i have
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #44
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

I think the real problem is with "taking decisions" here. Sounds sad, but seems true.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #45
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
I think the real problem is with "taking decisions" here. Sounds sad, but seems true.
There's the white elephant in the room.

Ironwave: Qu'est-ce que tu veux???

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #46
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

What's the difference between MP's and 3rd parties, I'm not talking about the production companies
Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #47
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Generally Hasbro/Takara MPs use better quality materials and engineering. The only 3P exception is Quakewave. He was built like an official release and that's why he commands so much.

Official MP releases are also licensed, so faction symbols are aplenty on Has/Tak release but excised from 3P offerings (i.e., you have to hit up Reprolabels if you want Quakewave or Apollyon or Kronos to sport their appropriate Decepticon or Autobot logo).

On the flip side official releases are mass-generated compared to 3P releases so some may argue third party are more exclusive and rare.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #48
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Code 12!
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #49
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

For those of you who bought 3rd party figures and collect them, what's your take on them, do you recommend them? What are the good and the bad about 3rd party
Old 09-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #50
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I like my 3rd party figures but you have to handle with care
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote