Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2016, 03:21 AM   #21
lars573
Energon
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Brainstorm Will NOT Be Sold in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
They also apologize for the inconvenience. Which means unless we get a Walgreens in the next few months, Canada won't see a release.

(Of course there's always potential repaints and gift sets that could be released at a different retailer in the future)
Walgreens exclusvies get released in Canada. Well maybe not all of them. Or was I just hallucinating when i saw this:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ma...334900-product

For sale on a retail shelf here in Canada. So while there are no Walgreens company stores here, there is EB games which is where I saw it.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:54 AM   #22
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Walgreens exclusvies get released in Canada. Well maybe not all of them. Or was I just hallucinating when i saw this:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ma...334900-product

For sale on a retail shelf here in Canada. So while there are no Walgreens company stores here, there is EB games which is where I saw it.
That's very interesting....does EB Games sell any other Walgreen's exclusive than the one in the link? Any way to contact someone at head office there and find out?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #23
lars573
Energon

Don't remember whether Daredevil or Antman were at that location or not. Namor might be the only one that's come out so far. But what it does do is torpedo the assertion that no Walgreens=no release of their exclusives in Canada. As that's never mattered.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #24
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Don't remember whether Daredevil or Antman were at that location or not. Namor might be the only one that's come out so far. But what it does do is torpedo the assertion that no Walgreens=no release of their exclusives in Canada. As that's never mattered.

For the person who communicated with the Hasbro rep in Canada, who would be a similar person/title at EB Games in Canada the same questions could be asked to weed out whether or not they will get stock? It could be they buy them bulk from a source in the US separate from Hasbro itself to fill the product demand in Canada.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #25
lars573
Energon

Reps can tell civilians like us two things, Jack and Shit. Being given form letters that basically amount to please f--- off doesn't mean much.

Now real experiment would be asking about ML Namor and seeing if you get a different response.

Last edited by lars573; 09-09-2016 at 12:42 PM.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #26
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Bump. It seems as though this is finally starting to show up at Walgreen's as eBay has just suddenly started popping up with ridiculous scalping prices for him. Does anyone here have any US friends that could help us out with a group buy or some kind of connection to send copies of him north of the border?
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #27
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Bump. It seems as though this is finally starting to show up at Walgreen's as eBay has just suddenly started popping up with ridiculous scalping prices for him. Does anyone here have any US friends that could help us out with a group buy or some kind of connection to send copies of him north of the border?

I am unsure whether it will work out or not, but if a friend of mine is able to get me some I could ask if he would be willing to get some for other people, and put you guys in touch. Not sure if he will be successful yet, ill keep u all posted if anything comes out of it.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #28
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Yes, please!
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #29
Autocons
Universal Dominator

From what I've learned.. they aren't shipping large quantities to each Walgreens. I talked to a few Walgreens in Duluth Min and they are getting under 10 per store. I'm going to be heading to Pensacola Fl then Tallahassee tomorrow for the week! I'll see if I can get my hands on any. Not feeling too confident though.
Autocons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #30
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I've watched several youtubers do vlog hunts @ Walgreens & all of them have failed miserably so far to find Brainstorm. Lets hope though that this turns around & they start popping up.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote