Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 01-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
Rev
Addict
Re: BadCube Reveals Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

These look fantastic and I love the insections, so I'm sold as long as the quality is decent.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #12
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise
Re: BadCube Reveals Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

These look cool but will be too pricey for me based on the other bad cube releases. I am happy with the recent Hasbro legends versions hopefully we get a CW Kickback. I wish they would have made the deluxe Insecticons we need a Venom since FP already has a set deluxes.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:28 PM   #13
Amade9
Generation 1

These look great, will definitely be picking these up, as well as their wardog. Brawny is great, good plastic, nice transformation - complex enough, yet still intuitive.

As far as comparisons with fanstoys, as someone asked, I'd say theyre pretty close. I only have their quakewave as a reference point, but I'd say right now, those two companies are at the top of the 3P heap.
Amade9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #14
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I'm happy to say that the Insecticons are getting tweaked as we speak. The materials they used for the pics were very weak and couldn't fully support the weight. We will see some much better pics in about 3-4 weeks.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #15
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I'm happy to say that the Insecticons are getting tweaked as we speak. The materials they used for the pics were very weak and couldn't fully support the weight. We will see some much better pics in about 3-4 weeks.
Just wondering why they wouldn't support the weight. Will the final figures contain diecast?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #16
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Just wondering why they wouldn't support the weight. Will the final figures contain diecast?
No diecast in those protos. Just very weak plastics, typical for an early run samples. They typically use an inexpensive material in the first couple of runs to test the molds.

No word on diecast just yet, but I'm guessing there will be a small amount somewhere.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #17
chans formers
raff ow roud

very cool looking bugs!!
hopefully they'll be repainted into the red and black diaclone versions too.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #18
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Size comparison shot please!

Figures look great, but with their recent price of Brawn these should come in at $360.00 .....

Now if I could get them for $35 - 60 (like MP - 21G ) each I might be swayed.

All these new $120 figures are killing me, time to put the wallet in lock-down I think

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #19
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
Size comparison shot please!

Figures look great, but with their recent price of Brawn these should come in at $360.00 .....

Now if I could get them for $35 - 60 (like MP - 21G ) each I might be swayed.

All these new $120 figures are killing me, time to put the wallet in lock-down I think
This is why I want FansToys to make the Insecticons. They already have a three pack for Reflector at a great price point. I wish they opted to do the bug trio as well instead of Perceptor. It would drive the prices down. Besides, MP collectors need more Decepticons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
very cool looking bugs!!
hopefully they'll be repainted into the red and black diaclone versions too.
I like how you think. My thoughts exactly. I think this is inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
No diecast in those protos. Just very weak plastics, typical for an early run samples. They typically use an inexpensive material in the first couple of runs to test the molds.

No word on diecast just yet, but I'm guessing there will be a small amount somewhere.
Any idea on how tall these will be?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #20
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

They will be around 6-7"

From what I'm told they will also be sold separately as opposed to a three pack, but that's not final. They might even do a three pack along side individual releases.