Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #111
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: TFcon 2014 Guest Request thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I don't know about "however many item we want". Everybody is familiar with a dude who comes with his mom with at least two boxes full of stuff to get signed; do you really think it would be fair for you to pay $20 to get 1 thing signed and he pays the same and gets 10 things signed? I don't think so.

Like I said in an earlier post I think maybe paying once and getting 2 or 3 items signed is fair, and if you have more then you have to go back to the end of the line and pay again.
Who the heck comes in and gets 2 boxes full to be signed. Even if guests weren't charging, that's horrendously inconsiderate.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #112
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Who the heck comes in and gets 2 boxes full to be signed. Even if guests weren't charging, that's horrendously inconsiderate.
Yep!

Last year he had two big boxes full of stuff for Jack Angel and Dick Gautier to sign.
There have been time when I have had quite a few things I wanted signed, but I had no problem going to the back of the line and giving others a shot. My record was 4 trips, I think, getting 2 things signed at a time, for David Kaye.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #113
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Yep!

Last year he had two big boxes full of stuff for Jack Angel and Dick Gautier to sign.
There have been time when I have had quite a few things I wanted signed, but I had no problem going to the back of the line and giving others a shot. My record was 4 trips, I think, getting 2 things signed at a time, for David Kaye.
I get one thing signed and a photo, that's it. Geebus people.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #114
Shockwave 75

So? Everybody's not you.

I do think the multiple autograph per pay might be worth looking into if possible. Especially if these top tier guests are going to be charging a lot of $$$. I think that might make this bitter go down a lot easier.

I think it's more "acceptable" for the larger cons like Botcon & Fan Expo to carry these celebs who charge an arm and a leg because of their size. And while TFCon is growing and is the largest fan run con of it's type; I think a guest charging like $80 (for example) per autograph might be too much for a con of this size.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #115
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
So? Everybody's not you.

I do think the multiple autograph per pay might be worth looking into if possible. Especially if these top tier guests are going to be charging a lot of $$$. I think that might make this bitter go down a lot easier.

I think it's more "acceptable" for the larger cons like Botcon & Fan Expo to carry these celebs who charge an arm and a leg because of their size. And while TFCon is growing and is the largest fan run con of it's type; I think a guest charging like $80 (for example) per autograph might be too much for a con of this size.
Nope, no one is like me, obviously.

And no one has said anyone is charging $80 bucks, cool your jets.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #116
Shockwave 75

Stop being condescending and I'll cool my jets.

And the $80 was an example, as stated.

Like I and other have said, some stars like Leonard Nimoy charge at least $80 per autograph, so it's not so far fetched.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #117
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
I don't know about "however many item we want". Everybody is familiar with a dude who comes with his mom with at least two boxes full of stuff to get signed; do you really think it would be fair for you to pay $20 to get 1 thing signed and he pays the same and gets 10 things signed? I don't think so.

I believe I know which guy you're talking about. And if I'm correct, when Mark Ryan was a guest, he had multiple things to get signed. And paid the $20 for each item he wanted signed. He also lined up multiple times if there were people behind him waiting.

Even after all the explanations, I don't see why people are getting so upset about having to pay for an autograph. TFcon was the one convention who didn't. 90% of cons do.

Look at it this way: now TFcon can get names like Peter Cullen and Frank Welker and Leonard Nimoy and whomever else. And maybe their autographs will only be $20, unlike the outrageous prices I've heard from previous conventions.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #118
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

you think Nimoy is only going to charge $20??? not a chance, $60 if you are lucky. As for why people are ticked off, it's because many people budget for tfcon when they are saving up and we are just now finding out about the charging of autographs which was not put into their budget. If we were told last year I don't think there would be this big a deal but it's so close to the show and people were not expecting it. I personally didn't budget it for my tfcon as I have a big list of 3P , Botcon and Takara items and that leaves no room for these autographs this year.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 04-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #119
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I don't collect autographs myself, but if they ever got Weird Al, I'd basically stand there throwing handfuls of money at his table.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #120
Shockwave 75

Not me.

Just my underwear!
Closed Thread