Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #11
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Workplace dress codes....is it even relevant anymore?

Old 06-08-2015, 05:56 AM   #12
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post

LOL! Walk into said disciplinary meeting dressed in a business suit with a Bruce Wayne name tag and declare "my other suit is with the drycleaners today".
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #13
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Haven't read anyone's comments yet but for me, I work in a public setting (hospital), and I think we as staff should dress at least to the business casual level. We serve the community and we are paid by tax dollars. Managers even higher.

Fact is, when you work in the public sector in an outpatient setting or even if you work as a "teller" at a government office like say Service Canada, your interaction with the public is often very brief. We will be judged by the interaction and service regardless cause we are paid by the people. People already come in with a negative impression of the "governement" and how tax money is being spent on unnecessary salaries and what not.

We serve the community and first impressions are often what people remember when they leave a public establishment. If you are a manager fielding a patient complaint and walk in with a t-shirt, that's what will be remembered. Professionalism is often associated with how you dress.

On another note, I think it's good for my own self esteem and confidence to dress up a little. It shows pride in my job. However, I like to wear jeans and sneakers every Friday too.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote