Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #71
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Disagree here - at a 99$ pricepoint this will be very attractive to collectors.
That will make it all the more attractive to scalpers looking to double the retail price.
His size will make it difficult for scalpers to sell online. No one wants to pay $50+ shipping.

I don't think he'll be scalper bait. Not sure if he'll be a shelf-warmer, though... who knows how many will be ordered, after all?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #72
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

"Let's go rent a truck and scalp all those metroplex from toys r us. O, need to get my mom, dad, grandparents to help too." lol that's a bit funny if it happens. Just joking by the ways. Now those Mp are easy to scalp, u don't need to rent a truck or get mom and dad to help...
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #73
shabooya
Banned
Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
When else has such an extreme shortage on such a mainstream figure (Christmas time Optimus Prime) happened?

MP-10 essentially didn't even get a real release. All of Canada got, what, maybe 200 units?

So what I'm saying is it's not because he was popular that he was impossible to get, it's because of a particular identifiable (Hasbro confirmed very limited release situation) wonky release hiccup.

So that means the MP-10 situation isn't precedent to assume such a crazy situation to exist every time a popular/MP/large figure comes out.
The reality is they were getting better margin selling this item in the USA and Asia.

99.99 canadian versus 119.99 USD and even more in Asia....159.99 I think.

If there is the same price differential on Soundwave, why wouldn't they continue to do what makes them the most money?

I very much doubt they will do a larger run of Soundwave than of MP10 and the reality is, it's just better business to limit the ones that go the Canadian market where they'll make less on the same item.

Canada getting it's 200 units ( i think more than that) wasn't an error.
It was accounting.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #74
Window
Robot Master
Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
The reality is they were getting better margin selling this item in the USA and Asia.

99.99 canadian versus 119.99 USD and even more in Asia....159.99 I think.

If there is the same price differential on Soundwave, why wouldn't they continue to do what makes them the most money?

I very much doubt they will do a larger run of Soundwave than of MP10 and the reality is, it's just better business to limit the ones that go the Canadian market where they'll make less on the same item.

Canada getting it's 200 units ( i think more than that) wasn't an error.
It was accounting.
Show me their margins incl shipping costs, distro costs etc to back this up.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #75
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I wouldn't worry about scalpers scooping up Metroplex. Remember DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime? If he's the big ticket holiday toy than store will likly load up on him. Given his size and price it's way more likly that he'll be sitting on shelves for ages before getting clearaced.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #76
screamer
Generation 1

Here we soon to go again with the MPs shenanigan. I'm expecting SW to be quite limited due to price. Even though I managed to get both MP TC & OP, it was a pain in the ass, searching from store to store almost every single day, trying to beat the scalpers
screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #77
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I wouldn't worry about scalpers scooping up Metroplex. Remember DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime? If he's the big ticket holiday toy than store will likly load up on him. Given his size and price it's way more likly that he'll be sitting on shelves for ages before getting clearaced.
I agree with this. Smaller TRUs might not get many and therefore could easily sell out quickly enough but the bigger stores will have a bunch sitting around for months.

As for Masterpiece availability, I think it's reasonable to expect there to be small quantities overall. How small is something I'm not going to guess at.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #78
Sam
Banned

My TRU got 2 MP-10's and I bought both, they got 8 MP Thundercracker's and I bought 1. My TRU got 2 more MP-10's after I got my two and they sold out in a day.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #79
Woodlm
Generation 2
Re: Toys R Us Canada SKUs reveal the retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Acids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Meanwhile, in Hong Kong:

My predictions:

Hasbro MP Soundwave-
Sought after by everyone (i.e., nostalgic parents, collectors, asshole scalpers) therefore sold out much to the delight of scalpers and re-sellers everywhere

Hasbro MP Acidstorm-
Desired by a select few collectors but perceived to be as sought after as Soundwave. Sold out everywhere with an excess of overpriced stock belonging to dill hole scalpers and Craigslisters on crack

Generations Metroplex-
Shelfwarmer once collectors have picked up theirs (Universe Unicron, anyone?).
Agreed. It was only a few weeks before I encountered 2 or 3 Unicrons at value village (sans accessories...)
Woodlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #80
ImNotThePro
XBL - Im Not The Pro
ImNotThePro's Ebay Auctions

Is there a release date? For Soundwave in particular.
ImNotThePro is offline   Reply With Quote