Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Nullray
IGC
Rock Band 3

I just picked up Rock Band 3. The game is cool but has major support issues. Song export for RB2 is not up and running and the new Pro controllers are unavailable. That kinda sucks.
Anyone play Rock Band for the PS3?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Rock Band 3

I'm still a big fan of the band games, but I only have Guitar hero World tour. I think that the fad has worn out though...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Nullray
IGC

I guess that is why they have released the new Pro Midi compatible controllers. Trying to get a fresh perspective on it.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Ground Zero
Generation 2

I picked the game up at launch. Really enjoy it.

You may need to keep retrying the export for RB2 -- the servers are busy and it doesn't always work.

Overall though, great game. I got the only keyboard that came it at my local EBGames (I switched my pre-order from the bundle -- which I knew was being delayed -- to the individual game + keyboard).

Love that the tour mode has setlists that feature older RB games and DLC (RB1 Set, Queen Set, etc).

Pro Keys kicks my arse though.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Nullray
IGC

Frustrated. I did some changes. Did a IE update to version 7 and it seem to remedy all my issues. So I thought. They code is a 16 digit bonus track code. So I go to the RB website support forum and try to fire in the code. Tells me it is already active. Of course it is. I am using it. Now I still need the 12 digit redeeming code. Did some way back searching on the PS3 transaction guide. Found it after a bit of hit and miss. Go back to the website and all I get when I put the code in is Error on page message. It says you need to enter an email address but there isn't a spot for it on the browser page. Is that the server problem or are they just frakked. I put the code into the PS3 redeem because it told me to enter into console if you have a 16 digit code. Did it (12 digit code from web site) and just started the DL of the bonus tracks again.
If it is a server problem I guess I just have to keep trying.

Keyboards look cool. Girl at the Gamespot told me all the Pro Guitars where recalled. Not sure exactly why but they must have an issue. I had my first RB1 guitar recalled and they replaced it no charge. The magnets inside loose there charge.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #6
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Never had any problems with my export code. Just went into the Get More Music / Enter Code menus in RB3, entered my code and ...

Well, it gave me an error. Had to try again a few times due to the fact the servers were way too busy. But it did eventually "export".

The keyboard is fun. I just started playing through on Pro Medium. Takes a bit to get used to Pro setup, but it's more interesting than I expected. Not all songs support keys though, and some of the ones that do don't support them well (Beautiful People for example)

My RB2 guitar is flaking out though. Boo.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Nullray
IGC

I had two guitars and had to combine them to make one. The fret button board on one crapped out and on the other the strum was bad. A bit of mad science surgery and a hybrid was born. All is good.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

This game was disappointing to say the least. Few good songs but overall most of the soundtrack was not my bag, first two Rock Band games had a much better soundtrack lineup IMO.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
This game was disappointing to say the least. Few good songs but overall most of the soundtrack was not my bag, first two Rock Band games had a much better soundtrack lineup IMO.
I think older gamers are likely to enjoy the soundtrack more than younger gamers. Still, I found the 2000's tracks to be a little obscure. I found the setlist to be on par with 2, to be honest -- only this time there were no songs that I outright hated like I did on 2. (Visions)

A lot of nice new features. Keyboard is a lot of fun. Pro instruments are nice. Pro drums gives whole new life to your entire old library if you're a drummer. The big letdown for me is the fact that you can't play Guitar + Bass + Keyboard without going all-instrument. And once you do that, your vocalist doesn't get scored. Boo.