Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: XBox Kinect or PS3 Move ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
Playstation Move>Kinect

Wii=Paperweight
This is what sony fans actually believe
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #12
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I actually like the Xbox and use it as my primary gaming system but Kinect is admittingly garbage.

I had a Wii (twice!) and never used the damn thing. I also find it hilarious how all the Wii fanboys drone on how revolutionary the controller is but still use the classic controllers for most games. Not to mention every Xbox/PS3 owner I know at least plays video games consistently on those systems wile every person I know who owns a Wii never plays it at all. Again Wii fanboys may go on how it brought gaming to the common household and broke gaming into the mainstream and away from hardcore gamers blah blah blah but considering no one ever plays the system is revealing to say the least. It's only now that the Wii has made a little bit of a comeback with Goldeneye and the upcoming Donkey Kong, which are how old now? The fact Nintendo has to remake a game from like 12+ years ago tells you a lot how it's still living in the stone age.

Point is this whole "motion controller" gaming thing is going to fall flat on it's face in the long run (IMO). I think the Move has the most potential but I ultimately don't think it will get the games necessary to keep people interested over the long haul, at the same time I hope Sony proves me wrong.

Last edited by soundwaveCA; 11-11-2010 at 08:23 PM.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
onecoin
Banned

Why can't people distinguish between advances in technology and application. Nothing in the Wii-mote is new, but that does not make the application of components any less revolutionary. It may have run its course in gaming applications, but it has opened the door many other areas. In parts nothing in the Move is new either, but it is a step up from what the Wii was offering. The Kinect nothing new, all the principles were discovered years ago. Its all about how developers can make use of the technology, fun is just one of many fields of application.

For TF's its just like the ball joint. Industrially, the ball joint has been around forever, but think of TF's before the ball joint and after. But there were alot of things in that needed to come into play before the ball joint could even be considered with toys, including adjustments in plastic properties and perceptions of quality. Nothing new, just a collaboration of parts.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

I have a Wii and I use it all the time. I'm a diehard PC guy. I also had a Nintendo before I had a PC. I've always had a Nintendo system of some sort. I had an original xbox and the ps1 and 2. Nothing about those consoles really brought anything new to video games. After seeing both the xbox360 and ps3 in action I'm happy I choose the Wii. The varitey of games is better and clearly MS and Sony think they are missing out on something. Too bad they don't realize it was the price of thier new systems that really pushed people back to Nintendo.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
Nullray
IGC

Well I enjoyed the Wii but its appeal wore off very fast. Nothing beats Gameboy graphics on an HDTV. My PSP has better graphics...
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
My PSP has better graphics...
I'm looking forward to seeing how they package the new Playstation Phone.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
I have a Wii and I use it all the time. I'm a diehard PC guy. I also had a Nintendo before I had a PC. I've always had a Nintendo system of some sort. I had an original xbox and the ps1 and 2. Nothing about those consoles really brought anything new to video games. After seeing both the xbox360 and ps3 in action I'm happy I choose the Wii. The varitey of games is better and clearly MS and Sony think they are missing out on something. Too bad they don't realize it was the price of thier new systems that really pushed people back to Nintendo.
I used to be a PC guy as well before they moved everything onto the consoles. I still think the best games I ever played were on or for the PC though, especially if you were a Star Wars fan back in the day.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
I used to be a PC guy as well before they moved everything onto the consoles. I still think the best games I ever played were on or for the PC though, especially if you were a Star Wars fan back in the day.
Don't get me started on how awesome the X-wing series of games were....

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #19
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

That's why I'm still a PC guy! I wait for the day Tie-Fighter is revamped! I was soooo good at crushing the rebelion.

Oh that brings back memories. We wired the roommates guitar amp to my 486 so every blaster shot shook the whole room. Good times.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #20
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Don't get me started on how awesome the X-wing series of games were....
Those games were some of the best ever!

PC games have always been my favorite, and in a time of need I still turn to Worms Armageddon, and it's still very popular online crowd that has a very low percentage of dickwad kids who only know how to swear at you. Mainly because dickwad swearing kids can't handle 2D graphics, or know a good game if they were forced to play one.

Crisis... I can't find my W:A CD! *frantically cleans basement"

On topic... Get a Wii! No, seriously, get one. Now. Seriously. Do it. *glare*
BTW, goldeneye Wii sucks (don't kill me for saying that!)
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote