Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Thumbs down Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

So I preordered Swoop and Ricochet last DECEMBER from Northmen Collectibles. Support a Canadian store, get a good price, okay. Sounds good.

As has been reported elsewhere, the preorder (due February) has still not come in. There is no info. I feel for them, as they are apparently at the mercy of Hasbro distro.

So I and my friends finally decided to cancel the preorder (which was required to be fully paid for to preorder).

They deducted a 15% as "per store policy."

I appreciate that this is a policy. I don't appreciate that they are dinging me all this money for a product we paid for EIGHT MONTHS AGO and they have not been able to make it happen or find any information whatsoever. On a preorder.

I'm really unimpressed with this way of doing business. After all this crap you want to take money from us? I plan to call them later and argue over it. It was a large-ish order.

I'm not telling anybody what to do. Not gonna say any "DON'T SHOP THERE WAAAAAH" bullshit. But I am gonna share my experience to let you know. Wish we'd gotten Swoop/Ricochet through more reputable and reliable sources.

Cheers.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
Banshee
Energon
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

The 15% is unacceptable. Thanks for the heads up.

I also canceled my Ricochet order earlier this summer, but from CMD Store. They also had distribution issues. There was no fuss and they were super courteous.
Banshee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
So I preordered Swoop and Ricochet last DECEMBER from Northmen Collectibles. Support a Canadian store, get a good price, okay. Sounds good.

As has been reported elsewhere, the preorder (due February) has still not come in. There is no info. I feel for them, as they are apparently at the mercy of Hasbro distro.

So I and my friends finally decided to cancel the preorder (which was required to be fully paid for to preorder).

I appreciate that this is a policy. I don't appreciate that they are dinging me all this money for a product we paid for EIGHT MONTHS AGO and they have not been able to make it happen or find any information whatsoever. On a preorder.

I'm really unimpressed with this way of doing business. After all this crap you want to take money from us? I plan to call them later and argue over it. It was a large-ish order.

I'm not telling anybody what to do. Not gonna say any "DON'T SHOP THERE WAAAAAH" bullshit. But I am gonna share my experience to let you know. Wish we'd gotten Swoop/Ricochet through more reputable and reliable sources.

Cheers.
Bro I hear you .. basically to summarize you ordered in good will they unfortunately could not fulfill the order within a timely manner (what is timely is debatable but I think 6 months is more than reasonable). They need to reimburse you all your money and take it up with their supplier. End of story.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Thanks for sharing. I might think twice about ordering from them in the future now.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Holy cow, that's utter bullshit

Sorry to hear your experience w/ them

Agreed posting about it helps to spread the word, glad I never put down my preorders for same figs with them
(was waiting for stock to come in, then considering visiting the storefront)

Interested to hear if they refund your money

Last edited by evenstaves; 08-26-2019 at 05:20 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Amazon at least bends over backwards if they mess up your stuff. That 15% thing is a dick move.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

we'll find out. sent off a strongly worded email.

phonecall is next. totally unacceptable. they kept 28 dollars of our money on an order they could not fulfill in reasonable time. that's the fucking cost of Swoop.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #8
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
we'll find out. sent off a strongly worded email.

phonecall is next. totally unacceptable. they kept 28 dollars of our money on an order they could not fulfill in reasonable time. that's the fucking cost of Swoop.
Ya not a good way to do business let alone try to sway customers to keep coming back. Ya $28 is close to half a tank (well my lil' car neway) of toy-hunting gas.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #9
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

I'm really sorry to hear that this is happening at Northern Collectibles. When I last visited, it was a one man show.

He's/they're so small that I think he/they get his/their goods from a third-party distributor, rather than from Hasbro themselves. I bought one figure from them a while back and it had a price tag on it, which I thought was strange for an online store.

I understand their policy, given mass cancellations would result in overstocking a toy, which would be a death knell for such a small store.

On the other hand, I do agree they shouldn't keep any money in this case, given they did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Are they on social media? Would posting something there pressure them to act?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #10
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

That's bs. Definitely give them a call because they can't keep money for a good that was never provided.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote