Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
sachiel_ca
Beasty
Detolfs and Ikea shipping

So I'm going to be ordering in some detolfs for the old tf collection at long last and have read through the ikea faq for shipping and everything else and know my costs and all that.

Now because of my location it looks like the order will be outsourced to a shipping company like Fed-ex or who ever they use.

Now because of the sizeable order I'll be placing and wanting to cover all my bases my question is this, have any of you here had any experiences with ikea shipping especially long distance?
(Good or bad I'd like all opinions and any advice people could offer)

Thanks for your time
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
Armagear
Scamper
Re: Detolfs and Ikea shipping

Shipping was pretty fast and really good for me. Then again, we have an ikea about 9hrs away east and west of my area. I don't know if it's new regulation, but you may find that the movers might just unload your packages on your lawn. The ones that delivered my kitchen had told us they can't carry into your home.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armagear View Post
Shipping was pretty fast and really good for me. Then again, we have an ikea about 9hrs away east and west of my area. I don't know if it's new regulation, but you may find that the movers might just unload your packages on your lawn. The ones that delivered my kitchen had told us they can't carry into your home.
Cool. Closest to me would be Montreal at 8 hrs away. As for the unloading as long as nothings broken after the check and sign process I'm good.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I've gotten small shipments send to me via UPS and they just leave it at the door. I know if a shipment gets to a certain size it gets expensive and they ship it via freight shipping company.

Make you inspect your shipment very carefully and just so you know they do have a pickup point in Quebec City.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #5
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
I've gotten small shipments send to me via UPS and they just leave it at the door. I know if a shipment gets to a certain size it gets expensive and they ship it via freight shipping company.

Make you inspect your shipment very carefully and just so you know they do have a pickup point in Quebec City.
Thanks

Yep shipping will be up there and I read about the inspect your stuff before you sign bit but unfortunately I'm in NB so none of the pick up points are close enough and we just have a four door.