Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
laffy
Crossover
Fanstoys Soar

Xmas came early and I just picked up mp soar and omg he is crazy cool... final thoughts ... Our fears are true.. be careful of the leg clips, one is nice and loose and the other is beyond tight as we all feared and NO I DID NOT BREAK IT. but if you didn't know about it and tried to force it WILL BREAK... I use a small flat head and worked it loose but im trying to loosen it up as we speak. also im worried about how the feet work as there's a stopper at the back so he can't fall back but it looks like this might be an issue forfalling forward, just like Mp 10 primes does ... time will tell but omg I love this guy but Fantoys sure did tighten this guy up a bit too much .. I guess this is good as no ones going to complain he's too loose lol.. all in all very happy.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: MP soar is in Toronto thanks to slayback

Glad to hear it. Can't wait to get mine
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
laffy
Crossover

omg please understand soar is amazing but just now after I transformed him to alt mode I ran into a big issue... seems fantoys love ratchet joint and trust me I do to.. but sadly in the legs when you have to unclip all the joints there's a ratchet that bends at the top part of the knee than begins to fold the leg onto the back, but I had a hard time moving the left leg but the right would not move at all.. so I tried to loosen the two screws and it would move a bit but no go.. so I took that piece apart and removed the tiny spring and plastic piece that makes its noise and put it back to gather with out it and omg 1000 times better sadly no ratchet but it can bend much better and the way it should be im likey going to remove the other leg one as with it being so hard to bend your putting stress on all the other leg joints too... this is very sad and looks to be a very easy fix but why or why did they add os many ratchet joints in that section when clearly it does not need it at all and the only time you wound bend this joint is when you bend the legs to pin into his back... sad but im waiting for when others gets there's .. LASTLY to be clear I don't think its a bad thing but clearly they over did the tightness a bit too much
Old 12-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
laffy
Crossover

Another update I remove the other legs spring and ratchet clip and omg night and day difference. now the legs clip into the back very easily now and no more having to play with it to bend into place and its still good and tight at that joint and when in bot mod this joint does not move its looked in to place so its a win win and why the heck it was made a ratchet joint is beyond me ... I hope I was able to explain this well if not I know for a fact this will be brought up as an issue and thank good there's a easy fix.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

I guess there's two knee joints and upper and lower joints the issues is with the upper joint not the lower one.
again I tried to loosen the one leg and there was no way it would bend at all just the bottom knee joint would ratchet not the upper top and the other leg would but you have to been pretty hard again the upper knee joint the bottom knee joint is fine and that's the joint in bot mod that bends the knee, the upper knee joint is used only for bending the leg into the back in alt mode.. and after transforming him back and forth now is great but im starting to get paint flicking off on the leg joint too... some might think that im nuts but you will all see what I mean in the days to come.. fantoys what did you do....
Old 12-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
laffy
Crossover

been playing with the springs I took out and omg they seem way too strong.. scoria's arm spring when I removed its shoulder to replace it with the better part was much more springy man its so frustrating being the ghineapig.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
Rev
Addict

Mine is paid for!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Mine is paid for!
cool when you get him let me know if your having the same issues and man be very carful with the gold leg pins if they are hard to move back and forth
Old 12-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #9
Rev
Addict

Will do.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
chinaman99
Machine War

Hey laff