Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-19-2022, 01:25 PM   #5721
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
SO what you're saying is to not preorder Dragstrip and Motormaster from Amazon Canada?
Both of those, despite being popularly coveted, are gonna be general retail - there'll be options, I'd wait personally

Typically unless a really decent price comes along, I only Amazon the exclusives (no issues getting any of mine so far)
I think the only thing Amazon ever cancelled on me was a 2nd copy of Wingfinger
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #5722
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
How much do you spend on beer yearly?
$0 on beer.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #5723
Skorpulator
Armada

Or anything you don't really need. Can be tons of different things, food, chips, restaurants, movies, Netflix / Disney+, fancy shoes/clothes, etc.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:32 PM   #5724
alphatrion5
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
$0 on beer.
Yup same
alphatrion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #5725
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatrion5 View Post
Yup same
And the rest? Beer was just an example. Plenty of folks keep complaining about toy prices but end up wasting as much if not much more money on stuff that is just as useless.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:55 PM   #5726
alphatrion5
Generation 2

Quote:
And the rest? Beer was just an example. Plenty of folks keep complaining about toy prices but end up wasting as much if not much more money on stuff that is just as useless.
Well I think we all need food to live. Plastic is my only vice and at these prices like many have already said I?m going to have to be a lot more selective and maybe stop altogether.
alphatrion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #5727
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
"wasting" is in the eye of the beholder. Pick your poison.

None of thsoe things are useless. We buy toys, see movies, enjoy an adult beverage, all these things usually to bring enjoyment to our life. That's their function.

Pick your poison.

And whether or not you think it's "wasted and useless," there's still a matter of personal value. I think I get a lot better value and feel a lot better spending money on a video game, a bottle of good bourbon, than a transformer.

Detracts from the enjoyment of transformers.

Pick your poison.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:10 PM   #5728
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:

Well to your beer example... the cost of a beer at a hockey game is extremely high so people find other avenues to be drunk there... sneak it in, pre-drink at home or pub etc. There is a breaking point between cost and perceived consumer value.

The whole idea of interest rates going up is to take money out of your pocket so you cant buy things like transformers and the companies selling them have to adjust down prices eventually to stay competitive and/or to make sales. Even now im seeing legacy figures linger on shelves way longer than WFC ever did.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #5729
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Well to your beer example... the cost of a beer at a hockey game is extremely high so people find other avenues to be drunk there... sneak it in, pre-drink at home or pub etc. There is a breaking point between cost and perceived consumer value.

The whole idea of interest rates going up is to take money out of your pocket so you cant buy things like transformers and the companies selling them have to adjust down prices eventually to stay competitive and/or to make sales. Even now im seeing legacy figures linger on shelves way longer than WFC ever did.
Or sneak food into the theatre. Most folks only get a couple at the games now, you hit a pub or drink at home pregame.

Legacy is ALREADY shelfwarming. Already. Usually the first wave of a subline is madness. I'm also seeing the last kingdom voyagers and new ss86 voyagers, at the new price, sit.

Hasbro may have crossed the threshold. I would have snapped tigatron up without a second thought at 40. At 47 plus tax...... 🤷🤷🤷

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:10 PM   #5730
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Or sneak food into the theatre. Most folks only get a couple at the games now, you hit a pub or drink at home pregame.

Legacy is ALREADY shelfwarming. Already. Usually the first wave of a subline is madness. I'm also seeing the last kingdom voyagers and new ss86 voyagers, at the new price, sit.

Hasbro may have crossed the threshold. I would have snapped tigatron up without a second thought at 40. At 47 plus tax...... 🤷🤷🤷
Yeah, and he's shelf-warming for $37 at Walmart now (both him, Cyclonus and Rhinox).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote