Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2021, 08:12 AM   #21
justprime
Animated
Re: Got the 3 coneheads and DONE with TF Hobby!

when you have to get third party pieces to fill the empty holes left by a company that raised prices dramatically ... just to make there character look right that's substandard to me, the fact that the exclusives as well as the regular line have become impossible to find on shelves here and that the cost of getting it from outside of the country ,higher cost on secondary market ,duties,shipping,etc has for me taken the fun out of this hobby...I now by mostly 3rd party as they seem to fill the gap with accurate details etc and will probably in near future drop out of this altogether
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #22
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

I feel the pain, I really want to get out of TF collecting right now, but honestly, I really love the titan class figures and commander class figures they have been releasing. Even the leader class (to finally get an awesome Galvatron)... And I thought the titans return versions of various 86 figures were going to be definitive enough, and they've done so much better.

There have been some really nice molds, if you can find the darn things. But I feel like 84/85 is really close to definitive at this point (I know, that will probably change in another couple of years). I'm curious at to what comes next. If it's unicron trilogy stuff, maybe I can tap out then.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #23
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I'll see you all in your " DOes anyone have X figure that is selling for hundreds for a "good price"/ non ebay prices/ non scalper prices/retail price?

I've been here since day one and have heard these posts time and time again. All I know for fact is that we have way more fans and collectors today than we did back in 96.

So, good bye and see ya. Maybe, there are too many of us to notice one person leave...that will return anyway.

Last edited by Transbot90210; 05-21-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
bubbacon
Generation Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
Sadly I'm mostly done now too, just been cherry picking the odd figure here and there. I got priced out pretty much, let alone the other problems finding stuff living in too rural an area.
I hear ya dude. And if you think Moncton is any better than Miramichi, it's not.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #25
bqpetn
Generation 2

I will try to find some Ramjet and Dirge 2 pack in China at an reasonable price if anyone interested.
bqpetn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #26
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqpetn View Post
I will try to find some Ramjet and Dirge 2 pack in China at an reasonable price if anyone interested.
Sound great! Count me in
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #27
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringrust View Post
Once my preorder for Galvatron and Rodimus Prime arrive, I think i'm getting out as well. Been collecting since '85. Getting way too expensive to buy and too stressful to track figures down.
You are all right and this is too damn expensive to maintain. Still I cave and ordered the ark and Rodimus. Think I may have addiction issues.... Truth was I was happy with the classics and generations figures which where often higher quality than what we get now, but they always find a gimmick to reel you back in. I jumped back after combiner wars cause I really wanted combiners. The rest of that trilogy was so so. Then came siege. Ooohh, Cybertron mode figures xcept that other than the tetra jets, they where pretty much earthmodes. Now comes Earthrise and the earthmodes you really wanted. Now you must doubledip. Kingdom continues this trend plus beastwars. But the thousands I've spent over the years is enough. Like many of you, have to cherry pick now. I love the hobby but not the cost.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #28
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

So, OP, how much did you end up paying for the set?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:32 AM   #29
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
absolutely. PM sent
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #30
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Sounds good Iam in if price is right
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote