Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #301
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
I am considering contacting Visa to see if they can do a credit card chargeback for items not delivered from an online purchase. I may be too late due to the length of time since my purchase. Has this worked for anyone because of dealings with NMC? Would love some insight/feedback.
Contact customer resolutions department, I believe. I did it through my TD Visa/debit.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #302
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
I am considering contacting Visa to see if they can do a credit card chargeback for items not delivered from an online purchase. I may be too late due to the length of time since my purchase. Has this worked for anyone because of dealings with NMC? Would love some insight/feedback.

There's no downside in trying. Worst they can say is "no" and you're no worse off than doing nothing.

Also I want to say that I saw some discussion somewhere about how credit card companies and payment services sometimes use the actual intended delivery/availability period of the paid-for goods/services as the timing index for their claims period for situations like this where you were required to pay significantly in advance and the vendor ultimately never delivers. I can't swear to this being accurate in any specific case or at all though. I may have been imagining it.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 04-28-2021 at 02:21 AM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #303
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

I've called Visa for a few transactions that went south with no problems, even "returning" a BestBuy gift card that was never mailed (and those aren't even supposed to get refunds) . If you make a sensible case and aren't asking for refunds every week they'll probably help you out.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #304
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Contact customer resolutions department, I believe. I did it through my TD Visa/debit.
I tried this week for a purchase I made from NMC back in July. The credit card company (BMO) told me that it's been too long. Their chargeback policy is only up to 100 days from the purchase (which I'm finding to be bullshit since Paypal is at least 180 days). Paypal said that I'm kind of screwed too. This is honestly the worst.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:14 PM   #305
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
is there a way to report his business, apparently he's breaking google review rules by offering coupons in exchange for reviews.
I saw the google maps/reviews that his promotions pop up there.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:47 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:34 AM   #306
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I tried this week for a purchase I made from NMC back in July. The credit card company (BMO) told me that it's been too long. Their chargeback policy is only up to 100 days from the purchase (which I'm finding to be bullshit since Paypal is at least 180 days). Paypal said that I'm kind of screwed too. This is honestly the worst.
I didn't have a chargeback with NMC (luckily he was already horrible when I first saw his store) but I did recently do it for some preorders I made through Nippon-Yasan.

Definitely don't talk to the first person you get when you call the customer service. They will just repeat the company policy. You want to get to the "Dispute Centre" for your CC provider. The people who handle these kinds of things all the time.

I carefully outlined the timeline for my orders:

- prepaid for some items back at the end of 2019 and mid 2020
- items were to be released in Dec 2020
- received correspondence from the vendor
- items were not shipped by the vendor

I started my dispute within their 90 day chargeback policy from the release date of Dec 2020. I provided my receipts, screenshots of the release dates and all email/message correspondence I had.

So I got my refunds based on the "release date" of the item as opposed to the date I had paid for the item.
And that's just my two cents. Of course your miles may vary depending on your CC.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:19 AM   #307
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
I didn't have a chargeback with NMC (luckily he was already horrible when I first saw his store) but I did recently do it for some preorders I made through Nippon-Yasan.

Definitely don't talk to the first person you get when you call the customer service. They will just repeat the company policy. You want to get to the "Dispute Centre" for your CC provider. The people who handle these kinds of things all the time.

I carefully outlined the timeline for my orders:

- prepaid for some items back at the end of 2019 and mid 2020
- items were to be released in Dec 2020
- received correspondence from the vendor
- items were not shipped by the vendor

I started my dispute within their 90 day chargeback policy from the release date of Dec 2020. I provided my receipts, screenshots of the release dates and all email/message correspondence I had.

So I got my refunds based on the "release date" of the item as opposed to the date I had paid for the item.
And that's just my two cents. Of course your miles may vary depending on your CC.
Thanks for the advice bro, will definitely try again.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:55 AM   #308
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

To celebrate his "discounts for good reviews" program, our favourite scammer has announced a promo code for 10% off: #hatersgonnahate.

He also addressed the negative reviews: "The trolls fought back with fake reviews from fake accounts. It's all good though the goal was more to reward our customers to leaving feedback than anything else. Was just one way to give back to our community."

Uh huh. Anyone else feel like filing a fraud complaint? I'm out $300 and I know I'm not the only one he got on this board...
Old 04-29-2021, 07:23 AM   #309
joshimus
Metroplex

Has anyone filled a complaint with BBB about him?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #310
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

@Metrotian, I'd say go for it. This kind of attitude should not be rewarded and he is clearly committing FRAUD, taking money from Credit Cards and other sources and not providing the goods or services he represents as a store front.