Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1
My Order from China has been in limbo since April 8th

Does anyone have a recent experience with orders shipping from China? Wondering how long it takes.

I ordered on Ebay and was provided an Estimated delivery date Thu, Apr 22 - Thu, Jun 17, but I haven't received any new updates since April 8th. The last update from tracking was:

Apr 8, 2021
Flight Departure

Apr 8, 2021
航空公司启运 (translates to "Airline departure")

Apr 8, 2021
Flight Arrival

Apr 8, 2021
飞机进港 (translates to "Aircraft arrives in port")

Still alot of time before June, but should I be getting worried?
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
ngnaw
Armada
Re: My Order from China has been in limbo since April 8th

It's normal for the tracking to not update for awhile. Usually shipping from China takes 3 -4 weeks.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex

I had something ship from Hong Kong, took 1 week. BBTS took 31 days...to Ontario...That said I also got something from showz that took almost 30 days so...it's a crap shoot.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
It's normal for the tracking to not update for awhile. Usually shipping from China takes 3 -4 weeks.
Oh man, its week 6 now since it originally shipped

Should I try reaching out to the seller for an update?
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:33 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Things have been taking anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months in the last year.

It seems like forever when you want it "today", but with everything going on, the number of closures or shut-downs due to COVID-19 in various offices, has slowed things down A LOT.

Most sellers are very clear about delays.

Heck, something from the US took over 2-3 weeks, when before it would have taken about 3-4 days.

Consider how many packages are moving around as almost everyone is now ordering online.

Just be patient.

Note that I've had a LOT of packages that barely changed in the tracking and then several updates, and some were even delivered and still showing as in China.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
bubbacon
Generation Everything

It can take three or four months for a parcel to arrive from China. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, give it until July at least, but you will likely have it before then.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:09 PM   #7
RansakWORK
Beasty

Ordered KO Warbotron OS... said it would take 1.5 months to get here but came in 3-4 weeks. It shipped out and cleared Chinese customs pretty quick as per the tracking and then sat at that point until one day it showed up at my door 2-3 weeks later.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbacon View Post
It can take three or four months for a parcel to arrive from China. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, give it until July at least, but you will likely have it before then.
3-4 months is a bit extreme, I've only ever had one that took that long because it was part of a shipment (via boat from Hong Kong I believe) that was turned around due to having some issues and refused entry to Canadian ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Ordered KO Warbotron OS... said it would take 1.5 months to get here but came in 3-4 weeks. It shipped out and cleared Chinese customs pretty quick as per the tracking and then sat at that point until one day it showed up at my door 2-3 weeks later.
I'm finding that the shipping from China has been a 50/50 thing for the delays, some packages getting stuck to ship out of the country, while others are out within a few days. I'm finding that most of the delays for my packages (over a good hundred in the last year I'd say) became stuck once in Canada, either going through customs or simply getting on the trucks and post offices.

I had opened a thread about one situation that it seemed like some local post offices (in my case in Ottawa) had some massive delays.. where my package sat for over 2 weeks at a post office that I could have driven to in 20 minutes.

I would gather that every time news about another COVID outbreak in one Post office means that thousands of packages will end up sitting there for at least 2 weeks "quarantine".
Old 04-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #9
The Nemesis
Alternator

Stuff I've ordered off ebay from China usually provides an expected timeframe of 6-8 weeks. I've had things get here inside of a month, but I probably wouldn't start worrying if you get towards the end of May and it still hasn't moved. Tracking info can also be notoriously unreliable depending on how many checkpoints actually include logging a tracking update. Even domestically I've had stuff that ships out of Ontario to BC via courier and provides zero updates between "leaves facility" and "on truck for delivery." And times where it seems like it pings through every warehouse, depot, handoff, or manifest check that occurs.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:25 PM   #10
RansakWORK
Beasty

China is also a pretty large country.... depending where it comes from WITHIN china might effect its time getting to customs.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote