Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #231
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

What happens to your money if the store goes under?

Visa charge back time period is only 120 days.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #232
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Oh wow, just saw an add on Facebook for this dudes store and a 'Spring Cleaning' Sale.

WTF? How can you have a Spring Cleaning sale if you never get product in?
Old 03-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #233
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Oh wow, just saw an add on Facebook for this dudes store and a 'Spring Cleaning' Sale.

He be spring cleaning out customers wallets with bogus preorders
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:32 PM   #234
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post

All he has to offer from said Spring Cleaning:
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:31 PM   #235
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

I never had any significant issues with him to be honest, but I've worked with corruption and commercial law, in some harsh places with some harsh people before and no one should lose their money, especially with modern card and payment policies protecting you.

This is a good community and we should always back each other up imo. Being fair with every side of an issue, I am glad anyone can receive help if required.

In many cases, companies that have several chargebacks are noted within the bank, and likely this would be the case if there are chargebacks for items not received as well as official business complaints, but often at the prerogative of the banks and card company.

Business being what it is, I almost always support my local small and medium sized entrepreneurs and Canadians whenever possible, but they need to support me as well within reason. Good companies deserve support, if you do not like how you were treated, definitely speak up. In my experience, silence breeds more problems.

A note to the Mods, if anyone ever completely lost money from any sellers, maybe a thread discussing it and strategies to have money returned might be useful. Anyone with still outstanding money can make it known, here we seem to help in a positive manner...especially with many losing income due to Covid and lockdowns looking to continue for many more months.

Good luck!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:44 PM   #236
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
What happens to your money if the store goes under?

Visa charge back time period is only 120 days.

Visa may likely cover you, even if his company or he disappears.

To go under, they have to declare bankruptcy to get creditor protection. Even in that case, Visa wants to protect their customers from fraud, (if they consider the actions to be deliberate and dodgy) so they may refund you if outside the policy dates.

Many of us in the past bought TFs from sellers on Ebay that often disappear, if they claim your item would be sent after 200 days as a preorder for example, the Visa coverage starts from the day it was suppose to be sent. Often those seller stores just disappear, Paypal often would give an immediate refund in full at that point as they dont want to support fraud, even when you get ghosted and the store goes under. With laws being what they are in Canada, the standards are alot higher for those issues.

Always ask, as with issues considered to be fraud their supervisors have leniency. If the seller responds to them as well, they have to show they sent you the item as described in full with postal tracking information. They cant decide to just take your money due to their lack of performance.

You cant sign a contract to break the law, no matter what anyone says. You cant create legal agreements that run contrary to your region's legislation. Even with bankruptcy protection, the biggest creditors, the Govt and Banks, often get paid back through the corporate setup of the company. It mostly protects the owner's personal assets so they dont lose their home and kid's GiJoe with the kung fu grip because they took a risk to create income and jobs in their society.

Last edited by MilanX3; 03-16-2021 at 05:49 PM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #237
Fab
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Business being what it is, I almost always support my local small and medium sized entrepreneurs and Canadians whenever possible, but they need to support me as well within reason.
100%
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #238
herooftheday316
Energon

Is there any place for positive store reviews? I purchased form a place recently but I didn't know where to put my review so I put it in the Feedback forum. As far as I can tell the guy doesn't have a place for reviews on google or facebook.

On topic, ordered from NMC once and it wasn't a great experience. He sent me the wrong toy and then asked me if I wanted to purchase it instead of what I bought. It got resolved pretty quickly but it was a weird suggestion.

-Mike
Old 03-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #239
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
Is there any place for positive store reviews? I purchased form a place recently but I didn't know where to put my review so I put it in the Feedback forum. As far as I can tell the guy doesn't have a place for reviews on google or facebook.
Do a forum search for the store and see if there is a thread already made and post in that one. If not, just make a new one.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #240
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

I had an experience so bad with this store that I started googling to see if it was a one off interaction or if it was a regular occurrence. Can't say I'm surprised to see the same kinds of reviews from countless people. The owner Austin has serious problems.

I came across this thread and wanted to flag something. If you left a google review under the "Northmen Collectibles" title, he has closed that page, obviously to bury the bad reviews. I'd suggest leaving one under his new google review page "NMC Toys" so other people have a chance to read about his behaviour before getting burned themselves
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote