Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #11
Ransak The Elder
Beasty
Re: Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed

I get its tricky.. i think they should be more repaints/redesigns of previously released stuff and some catchup for people who missed earlier waves.

-Earth mode sideswipe
-Earth Mode Mirage
-Pipes
-Repaint of Prowl for people who missed 2 pack.
-Replace the larger packs with another 3 pack of refraktor but all g1 colors instead of red/blue one we got.

Just some ideas but i think BB and Soundwave were some of the worst characters they could of done as exclusives so there isnt many more characters that would cause this situation. I was half expecting Blaster to be in this netflix wave but that might just be the cynic in me.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:04 PM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Netflix War for Cybertron Deluxe Wave 3 In-Package Images ? Deep Cover Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So what would you replace them with instead?

Characters like Bumblebee, so people will complain that they shouldn't make a show character an exclusive?

Personally I wouldn't mind Bumblebee and Elita-1 getting included as "refresh" spots instead of a Deep Cover repaint and the Rusticon.

Otherwise I don't know what I would include that would sell without people losing their minds. The sparkless seem like a good compromise. A Deep Cover repaint seems much more niche than "characters" that were parts of different episodes.
Personally, more fucking Decepticons. I'm not sure if any of these releases are considered 'Decepticons', but the entire wave 2 was Autobot heavy, so this should have had some Decepticons. I mean if rumors are true we're getting a Tracks, so why not Loudpedal?

The baseformers are awesome in Earthrise and we've had multiple repaints of them, but we could use another D-Con base. I wouldn't mind seeing another use of the Ironworks mold with a resculpted hand attachment and head to make a Micromaster Transport Roughstuff base version, I'm probably alone in that. Plus it's not show accurate to Netflix so maybe folks wouldn't care for it.

But the Decepticons are woefully underutilized in this line, we've had at least a dozen Autobots released across three waves with only five to seven Decepticons total.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #13
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

There is about 30% more autobots than decepticons in G1 so its going to happen
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #14
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

I’m just grateful this wave of Netflix toys has no critical g1 characters that are only available here. It’s more like wave 1 than wave 2 which means there’s a decent chance to actually find stuff.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
I’m just grateful this wave of Netflix toys has no critical g1 characters that are only available here. It’s more like wave 1 than wave 2 which means there’s a decent chance to actually find stuff.
This. Usually exclusives and limited runs are for niche or fan-servicey bits, or random repaints.

Cassette deck Soundwave and VW Bug bee --- largely versions fans have wanted since classics started --- being exclusives was a mess. Same with other critical characters like Ironhide/prowl, ramjet/dirge, thundercracker/skywap and the other *important S1/s2' characters* that Earthrise has been awful for.

Whereas this, hey, I see why each may appeal but missing out isn't going to leave a stupid gap in a collection and largely it comes down to preference. Shit like the G2 megateon er repaint or transmutate are what exclusives make sense for. The market is smaller and its niche.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:09 PM   #16
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Odd choice to do Deep Cover again when just released him in Generations Selects. I feel Hasbro doesn't really know what to release in the Netflix line.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #17
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Odd choice to do Deep Cover again when just released him in Generations Selects. I feel Hasbro doesn't really know what to release in the Netflix line.
It's all good, release all these as things that no one want as exclusive is what I was hoping for. So now I don't need to hassle over it, especially when it comes to Walmart exclusive. Walmart is trash and do not care about their customers.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:07 PM   #18
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
It's all good, release all these as things that no one want as exclusive is what I was hoping for. So now I don't need to hassle over it, especially when it comes to Walmart exclusive. Walmart is trash and do not care about their customers.
True, I hate how poorly the NF line has been distributed. They should just cancel it altogether and release every as Kingdom (with no exclusives).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:36 AM   #19
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Man I was holding out Cheetor for this Netflix variant, but is it me or is this gold plastic lookin a bit gold-plasticky?

Just thinkin out loud
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote