Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-16-2020, 03:19 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: What if Generations was to move on from mainly G1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
Personally grew up on the Unicron Trilogy, mainly Energon & Cybertron. Some of favourite memories are watching those cartoons. Ofc they are relatively new in relation to say Beast Wars, so I wouldnt expect nor really want those reinterpretations just yet. Beast Wars is one of my favorites and basically what started the type engineering we would grow to expect with Transformers so I def want some reinterpretations of the cast like Silverbolt, Terrorsaur, and Tarantulus. Also non show characters. We could some exclusive Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars 2 figures too.

That said I would never want to fully phase out G1/G2 ever. Its foundational and getting our Megs, OPs, Bees, and such is always going to be a must.
Man, Armada was 2002.

it's old enough to drink in Alberta!

I'm with you on non-show characters. I think one issue right now is that, a "new" g1 character without SOMETHING behind them won't sell. We've even seen it with Siege Chromia. She's got one episode, she was in the recent comics, and she has shelf-warmed HARD (let's face it though, making her NOT A LIMB for the Arcee combiner was such a poor decision).

But you're right. BW had a limited show cast so they had to expand. Unicron Trilogy had less of that, but I want to say Cybertron had more toys that weren't necessarily on the show. Revenge of the Fallen was a horrible movie but had a DELIGHTFUL array of non-movie toys with cool designs.

I don't know where that kind of thing would fit into the current context. Especially with the costs. I dunno.

I'm with you. I'm not anti-G1. We don't need to get rid of it. But it's exhausting to me to get a specific group of characters over, and over, and over, and over. "oh but we need the PERFECT one." I mean... do you? I'm still happier with the Drift-Retool Blurr over his Titans Return model. I think T30 Arcee smokes this upcoming one. Same with Springer. I don't see all old versions as needing to be flipped or binned just because "new." Classics Prowl isn't perfect but he's still the best generations Prowl there has been. We'll see about the earth-mode Smokescreen datsun mold.

*shrug*

I don't know. I'm not most fans anymore. I don't feel compelled to buy everything or... even anything. I don't have loyalty to the brand in anyway. I don't consume any part of it I don't enjoy, I have zero feelings of "obligation" to watch shitty movies or consume everything even if I dislike it. "Well, it's Transformers, so I'll see it/buy it." Nah... heh.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"

Last edited by RNSrobot; 06-16-2020 at 03:24 PM.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:19 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Generations isn’t and hasn’t been exclusively G1. We got Beastwars characters like Rhinox and got comic book characters like Impactor. We even got weird stuff like the minicon combiner. And recently, we got Optimal Optimus in he potp line.

As I see it, RID 2000 and stuff from the Unicron trilogy hasn’t really appeared, but if they do, I’m fine with it. But at the end of the day is there a high demand for it? Or are people satisfied with what they have in the original toys? Is what they come up with now going to better than the toys back then?

The Bayverse characters have the Studio Series line, so I don’t think there’s a need for them to be in something like Generations.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:08 AM   #13
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Personally, I was never a fan of the Beast wars toys. The cartoon was OK, but the idea of robots turning into organic animals was... not for me, to put it mildly. The designs of the toys were also not what I wanted in any way.

If Generations focused on beast wars, then my wallet would take a break, until something more robot-related came up.

But that's just me.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:02 AM   #14
bubbacon
Generation Everything

I'd love to see the remaining G1 characters get a Classics/Generations upgrade. I have Scorponok, Snapdragon, Quinteson, Doubledealer stuff pre-ordered of course.
I'd like to see the Autobot Powermaster cars(Joyride, Slapdash), series 5 Autobot and Decepticon headmasters,(Hosehead Nightbeat Siren Fangry Sqeezeplay) the remaining series 4 Autobot Target masters (we got a Crosswise) get the upgrade treatment. We'll see what the final WFC chapter brings us.

Other than that other lines getting upgrades is fine with me, especially Beast Wars. I'd love a modern day Inferno, BW Scorponok, Terrasaur, and the like.

I still think of Unicron trilogy stuff as new because I was around 30 when that came out, but yeah, for someone who experienced that as a kid is now an adult and would no doubt like to see some Generation love.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #15
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Generations isn’t and hasn’t been exclusively G1. We got Beastwars characters like Rhinox....We even got weird stuff like the minicon combiner. And recently, we got Optimal Optimus in he potp line.
Rhinox, Rattrap, and the Minicon combiner were all 6 years ago, so hardly very recent. OpOp was almost 3 years ago now, and he wasn't exactly easy to find. He was the fan vote character that year, and I don't think Hasbro was very happy about it. I have the Throne version, and honestly, it's kinda half assed.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #16
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
He was the fan vote character that year, and I don't think Hasbro was very happy about it. I have the Throne version, and honestly, it's kinda half assed.
Of course they weren't. The market (the thing they really have to listen too) has decided Trukk not munky. Beast figures don't sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
If you're an Armada fan, you've had basically two toys.
More like 10 or 12. Even if you eliminate repaints it's still 3.

Last edited by lars573; 06-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #17
Mega Truck
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
I'm 37.

I have 0 sentimentality when it comes to anything outside of G1/G2 cartoons.

I wouldn't buy anything else unless someone put some cannon together that sucked me in.

Baysformers actually pushed me away from the franchise more than sucking me in.

I really enjoyed Bumblebee though.
Yup
Mega Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #18
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Yes and please. Especially with Earthrise right after Siege, I can’t even begin to justify buying another G1-esque Optimus Prime. I would love to see Generations updated versions of things like RUD Optimus, Beast Wars Megatron, Armada Jetfire, Animated Ultra Magnus, Prime Bulkhead, Energon Landmine, Cybertron (Galaxy Force) Galvatron. Or some straight up new ideas would be cool. Get an Optimus Prime that’s a Cybertronian Jet, versus a Megatron that’s more in line with a troop transport vehicle. Imagine the chaos in the streets if Starscream and the Seekers were all race cars, and Ultra Magnus was a battleship! We know they’ll milk the ‘recognizable names’ as much as possible, but does that mean we can’t get a Bumblebee that turns into a helicopter?
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #19
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

That would be great if they concentrated on stuff other than G1. It would save me the trouble of having to hunt down and buying so many figures!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote