Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2022, 03:39 AM   #651
athanato
Generation 2
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
A restocking fee for something he never had in stock. wild

also illegal, nothing to restock.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:59 AM   #652
delrue
Crossover

Can we not with the armchair psychology. Mental disabilities don't make you abusive or a bad business owner.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #653
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Can we not with the armchair psychology. Mental disabilities don't make you abusive or a bad business owner.

I hear you but his abusive behavior will eventually get him in trouble with online harassment laws if he doesn't tone it down, there is something seriously wrong with him as his messages are crazed.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:15 AM   #654
MegaGeek
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
No he definitely operates outside of not only the expected norm but the bordering extremes of that spectrum. Dudes objectively got something wrong with his way of thinking.
MegaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #655
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGeek View Post
No he definitely operates outside of not only the expected norm but the bordering extremes of that spectrum. Dudes objectively got something wrong with his way of thinking.
We have to be careful here. Asshole does not equal mentally ill. Mentally ill does not equal asshole.

Expected norm does not equal the right way of thinking. Because there was a time where the expected norm was guys only dated girls and vice versa.

Sometimes a selfish asshole is just a selfish asshole and we should leave it at that. No need to add extra unsubstantiated labels to give the tale some more flavor.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:22 PM   #656
Vrillon77
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Sometimes a selfish asshole is just a selfish asshole and we should leave it at that. No need to add extra unsubstantiated labels to give the tale some more flavor.
Agreed. Asshole has a great flavor all on its own
Vrillon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #657
kmcaj
Mini-Con

Wish I had visited here before making a purchase, lol. Appears I received the premier NMC Toys shopping experience. Ordered some in-stock items. Sent emails for 2 months asking for in-stock items to be sent. No response. Filed a charge back dispute as company ghosted me and got an email response as soon as they were notified of the dispute. Usual email reply - bunch of lame excuses and its all my fault that they didn't send items followed by a request to close the dispute or they won't send items.

What I think with this store is that if there is any issue with an order, like preorder doesn't come in or "in-stock" item not actually in stock, this guy will just ignore the issue and hope you go away and forget about order and/or just drag it on past point of credit card, paypal disputes etc. Anything to keep the money.

If anyone is getting unanswered requests for items or anything like that with this guy - don't play his games. Go to your credit card company, paypal right away. Don't worry about cancelling an order for in-stock items if he is not responding to your emails. When the credit card company asks if you have attempted to cancel your order just tell the truth and make it clear that the company stopped communicating - they will proceed because the company refuses to communicate (my credit card company anyways was eager to help). Don't get dragged into his restocking fee or store credit headache. The dispute process isn't designed to help him steal money no matter what this guy tells you. It can be a lengthy process and best to get it started. From time of my purchase to the time that my money should be (if I win) officially mine again is going to be roughly 5 months. This process is almost over for me - get it going for you too. Don't make it easy for this thief to steal your money.

Last edited by kmcaj; 02-15-2022 at 01:21 PM.
kmcaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #658
Squid Prime
Mini-Con

My experience with NMC is eerily similar to many of you here. I pre-ordered an item back in June, which had a slated date for shipping on November 17, 2021 (via the NMC website). My Visa was charged right away with the full amount.

Later in August, I sent an email directly through NMC, asking some questions about another item (unrelated to the order) on the site. Got no response.

So November comes and goes. No item, still "processing". At the end of November, I send an email checking on what's going on, still get no response. I'm like, okay, well, it's a hectic time with shipping, maybe they're super busy - OK, so I'll wait. December comes and goes, still nothing.

Early January rolls in, and at this point, I'm getting kinda nervous. I send an email asking about my order, I get no response. A week went by and I checked back on my order; this time, the item was GONE off the NMC website. Couldn't search for it, couldn't access it. At this point, I had enough. I decided to call Visa and do a chargeback, since by this point I caught up with all the horrible reviews and experiences people had with this individual, and how he openly berates and belittles people online - I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction, and frankly didn't have the time to get into it with him.

Two days later, I magically get an email from NMC. I added the email address to my junk list, but still managed to skirt the top of his email - he started with "while I see you emailed us..." - I deleted it, because, based on ALL his responses to any kind of customer-related issues, it's never his fault - he also seems obsessed with having the final word (Google reviews is an ongoing shitshow for NMC).

In the end, I never got my item, BUT I did get my money back, paid in full, from Visa. So yeah, avoid NMC at all costs, unless you want some unnecessary drama in your life.
Squid Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:46 AM   #659
optimusprime1
Mini-Con

Does anyone have any experience with RBC Visa chargebacks in Canada? I just tried calling them, but I was told that it had to be within 110 days of my payment, which was way before the preorder was even supposed to be available. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the person said that they would have one call me back.

Unfortunately, I made a preorder last year and have had no replies from NMC for any of my emails and I don't see a phone number for them either. It was the first time that I've ever ordered from them. If I had found this thread earlier then I definitely would have never ordered from them.
optimusprime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #660
kmcaj
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime1 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with RBC Visa chargebacks in Canada? I just tried calling them, but I was told that it had to be within 110 days of my payment, which was way before the preorder was even supposed to be available. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the person said that they would have one call me back.

Unfortunately, I made a preorder last year and have had no replies from NMC for any of my emails and I don't see a phone number for them either. It was the first time that I've ever ordered from them. If I had found this thread earlier then I definitely would have never ordered from them.
No, I don't have specific experience with RBC but have read tons of reviews/threads about NMC Toys recently. Have read that people have had success with preorder charge backs where credit card companies were able to go by the date you expected to receive the items as opposed to the purchase date. You may have a good shot still if within that time frame. If unable to go ahead with charge back try commenting on his face book page for a response and maybe you can get a refund minus theft or store credit. Try to get something for your money but the guy is a thief and if there is an out where he can just keep your money he most likely will.
kmcaj is offline   Reply With Quote