Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #521
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Notice the slew of positive reviews after a string of bad ones. This gives me the sense that Austin's repeated claims that the negative reviews are fake is pure projection.
I'm also sure I saw one of the most recent positive review names "Laird of Toy" already post a review several weeks back, because it jumped out at me as a strange name. Seems as though the old review was erased and a new one posted so that it pushes the negative reviews further down the page

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 05-29-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:49 AM   #522
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

In a rare bit of good news I FINALLY received my preorders today after almost 9 months after I ordered and payed for them. NMC "let me" cancel 2 items that were never in stock, but only after I agreed to a 10% fee on those two things... Since I was past 180 day window and PayPal had already been unhelpful I agreed to lose the 6 bucks... and get the rest of my preorders.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received the refund for the two items that never came in stock that I had paid for... Will update here when/if that happens.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:03 PM   #523
Joey
Mini-Con

Hello. I'm here to share my story with NMC. I'm new here. First, I want to thank all of you for posting so much information about this store. It has helped me navigate the worst and expect nasty emails!

My story with him is as such. I ordered goods in November for several hundred dollars. They were due for fulfilment in Janaury. Nothing. I still trusted the guy and made two further purchases using Paypal. After waiting on the third order, I finally did a background check and found this thread. Everything made sense. I was barely in my refund window but did my best with Paypal and my credit card company. I did get nasty messages through Paypal and an offer to get a refund minus 15%. I said no and asked Paypal to look at the case. In both cases Paypal issued me a full refund. For the third and larger order, I called my credit card company several times and was firm with them. They just issued me a full refund.

In every case, I asked Paypal and my credit card company to look at this thread and they did. That played a significant role in proving my case. My credit card company also knew of him. I was not the first to request a charge back.

I would argue to not waste time with getting support from him. Proceed through Paypal and email him there. Every message, including his nasty emails are part of the case. Be very polite but firm. Stick to the facts, and do not go down in the mud with the guy. You need to show that you are credible and honest and that he isn't. The more he rants on Paypal, the worst he looks, and the easiest it is for PP to issue a refund.

Last edited by Joey; 06-02-2021 at 10:05 PM.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:21 AM   #524
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I’m happy that some of you guys are getting refunds or some of the stuff you paid for. For the others, keep up the fight.

A friend thats relatively nee to collecting told me he was waiting on preorders from nmc. I told him to try and get his $$ back before its too late
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #525
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post

I would argue to not waste time with getting support from him. Proceed through Paypal and email him there. Every message, including his nasty emails are part of the case. Be very polite but firm. Stick to the facts, and do not go down in the mud with the guy. You need to show that you are credible and honest and that he isn't. The more he rants on Paypal, the worst he looks, and the easiest it is for PP to issue a refund.
This is good advice. Especially if he hasn't responded in weeks. That's grounds enough to go directly through CC or Paypal. What other company would anyone give such leeway to??

He's also completely full of shit when he says his emails are so backed up. Let's put it in perspective. He recently stated that they reached their 7000th order in the first 8 months of the new site. Let's pretend the most extreme situation possible and say that every single order had an issue with it.

8 months x 30 days: 240 days
7000 orders / 240 days. 29.16 orders per day.

That means in an 8 hour work day, if EVERY SINGLE ORDER HAD AN ISSUE, he'd have to respond to 29 emails.

But we can assume that every single order isn't being fucked up (We can assume that, right??). So even half of that, which would still be a horrible ratio of fucked up orders to properly fulfilled orders is only 15 emails a day. Keep dividing that until you get to what you think might be a reasonable percentage of messed up orders.

So he's either completely full of shit and stringing people along until their CC/Paypal limits expire, or he's got one of the worst order fulfillment ratios in the history of small business and has no competency to run his company.

also, at 29 orders a day, let's say the average order is $100. With his "cancellation" fee, he's guaranteeing himself $145 per day. Multiply that by 30 days and it's $4350 per month. That's why he tries to enforce that policy; he's paying his rent with it
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:41 PM   #526
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

8 months x 30 days: 240 days
7000 orders / 240 days. 29.16 orders per day.

That means in an 8 hour work day, if EVERY SINGLE ORDER HAD AN ISSUE, he'd have to respond to 29 emails.

also, at 29 orders a day, let's say the average order is $100. With his "cancellation" fee, he's guaranteeing himself $145 per day. Multiply that by 30 days and it's $4350 per month. That's why he tries to enforce that policy; he's paying his rent with it
Old 06-04-2021, 10:18 PM   #527
Solauren
Generation 1

I wonder if he realizes that he's leaving him open to a lawsuit or two with this behavior, and possibly criminal charges.

In Ontario, you can't charge a restocking fees. He's in Ontario.

Quite frankly, if he doesn't come through on my Scorponok, I'm considering taking him to court.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #528
Fermix
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solauren View Post
I wonder if he realizes that he's leaving him open to a lawsuit or two with this behavior, and possibly criminal charges.

In Ontario, you can't charge a restocking fees. He's in Ontario.
I couldn't find a source to verify this but would deeply appreciate one!
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #529
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
I couldn't find a source to verify this but would deeply appreciate one!
According to this article, Canadian retailers can charge a restocking fee if they choose

https://canadianbudgetbinder.com/202...nadian-stores/

6. Restocking Fees
Stores are entitled to charge a restocking fee in Canada if they choose. A typical restocking fee is 15% of the purchase cost.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #530
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
According to this article, Canadian retailers can charge a restocking fee if they choose

https://canadianbudgetbinder.com/202...nadian-stores/

6. Restocking Fees
Stores are entitled to charge a restocking fee in Canada if they choose. A typical restocking fee is 15% of the purchase cost.
That's probably if the item is available and the buyer cancels the order. Pretty much all the cases here involve customers never receiving their orders. How can you charge a restocking fee for something that you don't actually have? There's nothing to restock.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote