Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2022, 04:05 PM   #201
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
glad he sent this now. visa gave me 90 days from the day i called them about this closing down instead of when i put the preorder in. time to call them back and get my monies
Lucky, Mastercard would not budge on their 120 day window, same with Paypal who's window is 180 days.

Lesson learned about paying up front for preorders, sucks for some great retailers like TSM but after this incident I don't plan to be paying up front for pre-orders.

Congratulations your now a more hated person than NMC.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #202
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Was anyone able to get equivalent items of their store credit before that deadline? Or was it all a rouse to buy more time?
probably hoping to delay so people miss out on their chargeback timeframe with their credit cards/paypal
Old 11-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #203
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

For any members who have a legal background, is it worth it to pursue small claims court, with a combined list of people who are owed money?

Really depends on the total amount, gotta be at least $5k in total to be worth it maybe.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #204
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
For any members who have a legal background, is it worth it to pursue small claims court, with a combined list of people who are owed money?

Really depends on the total amount, gotta be at least $5k in total to be worth it maybe.
When I looked into it, the fees to go to small claims is kinda high unless your out thousands, and most likely if he's going bankrupt he probably doesn't have much assets to go after anyways
Old 11-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #205
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Lucky, Mastercard would not budge on their 120 day window, same with Paypal who's window is 180 days.
i'm crossing my fingers but i wont believe it until i get the money. sorry about MC and PP - that sucks
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:22 PM   #206
JonoPrime
Robot Master

I hate to say it, but a typical legal response is "it depends."

A good question to ask is what is it worth it to you? These things take time and money, which can add to an already unpleasant situation.

That's not to say it isn't worthwhile pursuing. There are a lot of lawyers and paralegals out there who will give free consultations and evaluate what it is you're looking to pursue (I'd recommend getting 3-6 opinions if you were to take this route).

There certainly is a case to be made here. And I think there are some arguments for the Consumer Protection Act.

I'm fairly confident the owner is lurking to gauge the community's response to how things are going. And sometimes fear of legal recourse is enough to spurn an individual to make things right.

That being said, getting blood from a stone is damn near impossible. And from what I've read on here and ActionFigureNews.ca it looks like the owner has solidified things for now to his advantage (ie; using sympathy, time deferrals, and cutting off all contact albeit to one email).

My perspective is that a LOT of customers are going to get screwed in the end and he's just buying his time. Once this goes to creditors the top dog gets paid first (most likely what is owed rent-wise) and the rest trickles down from there. If anything is left that is what we as collectors may see, but I'm not confident.

From a legal perspective and a collector as well who has been and knows others affected by this, I would put out a call to see who has actually been paid back versus those who have not.

My hope, though it is going down by the day, is that things are made right and it's just taking time. But my gut is saying that's not the case, given how things have transpired since September 2nd (the first indicator on his FB page of things taking a downturn).

For anyone else with legal experience, I'd love to hear their take on it. And I'm curious as to which board members here have indeed had their situation resolved, if at all.

** Well fuck me, I didnt see the previous page and yup looks like nothing coming in the way of making things right. ... Fuck that cuntbag

Last edited by JonoPrime; 11-09-2022 at 04:48 PM.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:28 PM   #207
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
When I looked into it, the fees to go to small claims is kinda high unless your out thousands, and most likely if he's going bankrupt he probably doesn't have much assets to go after anyways
There is always garnishment from their wages. Even in spite of bankruptcy, there will be (or may currently be) an income. If successful in SCC a judge can order restitution in the form of wage garnishment (ie; a percentage per month taken from their paycheck until an order is rectified).
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:29 PM   #208
bondo21
Generation 2

Quote:

No lawyer is going take a class action lawsuit against a bankrupt small business seriously. And individual cases would only be considered if the buyer can prove themselves to be a creditor of the business. Not even worth your time unless you had a few thousand dollars in preorders go unfulfilled. And even then it could be a long, costly road.

It sucks to say it, but the best option for most here may be to cut your losses and move on (with the exception of those getting help from their credit card companies).

I never ordered from this business myself, but they struck me as questionable from the start, what with the buggy website at launch and almost non-existent business history. He seems to have rushed into the market and wasn?t prepared for setbacks, both with regards to finances and staffing.

Paying for preorders up front at established retailers like A3U or trustworthy ones like TSM can probably still be considered ?low risk? choices, but it might be worth a second thought before paying for preorders at these lesser known businesses.
bondo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:30 PM   #209
quickkick
Generation 1

Pretty pissed dude was buying time with his sickness and ankle roll. Gave him benefit of the doubt he would still send my order. Now i am out $200. I am 30 days over my March 2022 paypal preorder payment. This guy totally sucks and failed a lot of collectors in a hard way. Shame on him for not keeping it real and doing dodgy stuff in the shadows.
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:37 PM   #210
Malechai
Machine War

Quote:
Two weeks ago I started a dispute with my credit card company. They informed me the time window to dispute starts from when the item was expected to ship to you. So if you preordered in March and it was expected to arrive in September, then the window for dispute starts in September. I was also told they have a bankruptcy option so even if they go bankrupt it's fine. Everyone should get moving asap if they haven't already by contacting their credit card companies before it's to late.
A quote from someone at actionfigurenews.ca
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote