Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #511
Ransak The Elder
Beasty
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

So just to clarify this guy has two websites right? old.northmencollectibles,ca and nmctoys,ca?

The original site was getting to much heat so he changed companies in August of 2020?

Domain Name: http://nmctoys.ca
Registry
Domain ID: 82899671-CIRA
Registrar WHOIS Server: http://whois.ca.fury.ca
Registrar
URL: http://ca.godaddy.com
Updated
Date: 2020-08-30T18:12:12Z

Last edited by Ransak The Elder; 05-14-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:40 PM   #512
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
So just to clarify this guy has two websites right? old.northmencollectibles,ca and nmctoys,ca?

The original site was getting to much heat so he changed companies in August of 2020?

Domain Name: http://nmctoys.ca
Registry
Domain ID: 82899671-CIRA
Registrar WHOIS Server: http://whois.ca.fury.ca
Registrar
URL: http://ca.godaddy.com
Updated
Date: 2020-08-30T18:12:12Z
Yeah, two sites. The weird thing is that he's still putting stock up on the old site, so it gets really confusing. Probably another scam to rip people off.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:16 AM   #513
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslowboys View Post
Just got my first (of presumably many) angry emails from this guy. He casually leaves out the fact that I’ve been asking him to ship the instock items ordered in September since November. And nowhere in his email does he mention any of the emails and support tickets I’ve sent since March asking for follow up, including my last attempt at correspondence saying I’ll be escalating the matter if he doesn’t reply.

Dude is a chump. I don’t feel bad about this at all.

Edit: i legitimately just had a shower thought: how does he know what items I was writing about (Bebop/Leonardo/replacement parts) if there was no attempt by me to contact him before escalating with my credit card?
"Sales" name is Austin. The guy runs such a shitty business that he's afraid to put his name to anything.

In google reviews where he's able to piece together which customer it is, he'll passive aggressively address the person with their first and last name in his reply. But on the few that mention his name, he cries about it

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 05-15-2021 at 01:21 AM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #514
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Did you ever go to your CC to get your stolen money back?
Waiting

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:35 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:09 PM   #515
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
I opened two disputes to get my 4 10%’s back with PayPal. Just waiting on them.
I'm happy to hear that, man. What he did to you might make me the angriest of all the stories I've heard
Old 05-16-2021, 12:55 AM   #516
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
From
https://www.facebook.com/15674798269...0622384920506/

If you sent tickets via the support system, you may want to change approach...
This is what I did, I was sending emails to support. Sent a third, apologizing for sending to the the wrong address, to the sales and just got my refund now. Well, minus the 5% fee but whatever. I don't like that but it is what it is.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:52 AM   #517
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I'm happy to hear that, man. What he did to you might make me the angriest of all the stories I've heard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
This is what I did, I was sending emails to support. Sent a third, apologizing for sending to the the wrong address, to the sales and just got my refund now. Well, minus the 5% fee but whatever. I don't like that but it is what it is.
This store is so fricken stupid. Initially, I was sending emails to support@nmc.ca. The he told me to send the emails regarding my order request to sales.support@nmc.ca. Now he's saying to send order inquiries to sales@nmc.ca? Fuck, I'm so done with this place, I hope they go under. This is dodgy asf.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:24 AM   #518
Fab
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
This store is so fricken stupid. Initially, I was sending emails to support@nmc.ca. The he told me to send the emails regarding my order request to sales.support@nmc.ca. Now he's saying to send order inquiries to sales@nmc.ca? Fuck, I'm so done with this place, I hope they go under. This is dodgy asf.
Not to mention, what if I don’t have a Facebook account? How am I supposed to know what's the flavour of the day for contacting the store?
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #519
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
If I was trying to stall to get past a 180 paypal window, I'd this this too...

He has him and a second person working for him (it was always this way, even before covid). If he's sending you to more than one other email address, he's full of shit. Besides, any business that isn't trash would just answer your inquiry. Not only isn't he doing that, he isn't even FORWARDING your email to where it should go. He's saying "fuck you, email here and get back in line"
Old 05-29-2021, 04:58 AM   #520
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

I last checked in here when it was on page 18, its now on page 52 and its sad that so many have had so many persistent and serious issues.

When doing chargebacks, better to go though your Credit Card before Paypal, if your CC is linked to Paypal, the Bank and Credit Card companies have control over the payments and Visa International are more customer focused. The process is not laborious in my experience, and is worth the time. The bank or Visa etc do the investigation, you just need the dates, the amounts and time you were reasonably expecting to have items sent to you.

Dont spend to much time with the tellers...escalate it to the the REsolutions or Fraud department. If you dont get the right answer from their Resolutions Department staff, ask to speak to the supervisor. From what I have been told several times, the date the dispute begins/starts the day you were suppose to have the item posted to you, not the date your paid and ordered it. For example, if your preorder date was agreed to as being 8 months after the pay date, the dispute would be taken from the day the preorder was suppose to be sent, not the payment date. Some staff dont understand the rules or are unhelpful, but problematic people almost always have long records so insist they apply your rights. Asking the investigator from Resolutions to view this thread may also help.

Transactions are contracts, so if someone operates in bad faith and frustrates the contract and terms that were agreed to, it doesnt mean they win on conditions they created in the agreement. If that was the case, people would just lie, create a scenario to terminate the contract and take all benefits from it. Any charges laid can only be applied in reason. If the frustration of the contract leaves one party with nothing, and was based on a lie or knowledge the contract would never be performed on, then it might be considered as theft or fraud. The courts will never reward someone who broke the law they are asking to be protected by...The concept of caveat emptor, or buyer beware doesnt permit deception in agreeing to a contract of purchase, it means you need to take reasonable steps to ensure you understand a situation you agree to and that issues were not intentionally hidden in the inspection process. When making a claim, you might want to ask if under your circumstance the representative at Paypal or Bank may consider it a fraud, that affects the limitations on many occasions as Banks dont want their customers having their money stolen, as they lose from it as well. Insist on every last cent, as if the seller cant perform the contract, they broke the agreement and the onus is on them to compensate.

Reporting to institutions of a Province of Federally or BBB is good, but they have limited powers. You see BBB simply puts the information to the public, and boards like the one here is a great service to whatever community we represent here. Fraud agencies may give guidance on where to go, but like an institution like diabetes Canada for example, they will not provide you with insulin either. Police departments do have fraud bureaus however, and fraud is considered a violation of the civil code and criminal code depending on the degree of severity and damage to the public. It might be worth contacting all options if you believe you have been a victim of fraud. Seeking legal counsel is also and option for civil violations, and a lawyer may take a case if many people lost money and in significant amounts. It would be helpful for those who did get all of their money back to make it known to the community, those who have partial losses to make it known as well, and for those who wholly lost items and orders to make it known, as if it is severe there can be a request made to an attorney for a group of us.

All of these institutions work to ensure contracts are followed and agreements are not abused. I've worked with many small businesses over the years as what is going on here is not common, normal or in any way acceptable.

Regarding the attitude of people, once a dispute is commenced, please ask the Resolutions Department for their contact information where the seller can address their concerns and vitriol, as at that point your onus to communicate has been exhausted and no one deserves the opportunity to verbally abuse, insult or threaten you further. I strongly suggest giving such documentation to those agents helping you mentioned above. You shouldnt be forced to not be polite or have to choose to be aggressive in defending your honour because of how a small business owner chooses to run their company. That is simply emotional abuse and is an ugly manner to treat anyone. Zero tolerance is the best policy on this issue.

Last edited by MilanX3; 05-29-2021 at 05:08 AM.
MilanX3 is online now   Reply With Quote