Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #31
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Oh, fuck it. I've been patient, reasonable, and decent and guy is inviting conflict and being a twat.

Here's me after the refusal to waive:

Quote:
I’m also going to note that you posted private correspondence on a public forum re: my ticket.

If you refund the 15% I’ll happily delete the thread and wash my hands of it.

I’ve also seen it, literally in hand, months ago at a local independent shop. Fans have received them months ago. While I appreciate your situation it’s demonstrably not the case across the board.
annnnd

here

we

gooooooo

Quote:
Private correspondence? There was no identifying information in there. You brought up an issue relating to my store. I responded with your support ticket because how that support ticket was directly relevant to why I responded the way I did. You posted about an interaction with my store in detail and now are upset that I let them know about what you wrote in your support ticket?

I'm not going to allow myself to be threatened, bullied, or blackmailed into voiding my policy. Frankly, I'm tempted to post this there too. You talk about buyer beware and how people need to be warned not to deal with me but all it takes is me paying you off by refunding your 15% for you to delete your post and warnings? Wow.

The store policy will remain enforced. You will not be refunded the 15%. You've gone from telling me you're never shopping here again to then attempting to blackmail me by saying you're going to delete your critical thread if I refund you.

I have zero issue with criticism or your thread being posted. I made my response. If people want to read through both they can come to an educated decision on how to proceed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #32
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Lesson of the day: order stuff when it's actually in stock and you'll NEVER, EVER be disappointed.
Gotta say that as money gets tight, this appears to be the way to go more and more.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #33
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Gotta say that as money gets tight, this appears to be the way to go more and more.
I cancelled my MP Dinobot preorder (got one of the good prices, I think HLJ) because funds were tight. As much as he still looks amazing now that he's come out and peeps have reported some of the fragility around him I'm relieved.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Old 08-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #35
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I cancelled my MP Dinobot preorder (got one of the good prices, I think HLJ) because funds were tight. As much as he still looks amazing now that he's come out and peeps have reported some of the fragility around him I'm relieved.
That's where a 15% restocking fee is pretty useful. Bot comes out, turns out it's got some issue, a ton of people cancel and you're on the hook for huge coin for a bunch of bots that are gonna take a long time to get rid of.

I'd consider a 5-6 month delay on a figure you're gonna sell pretty quickly anyways if it ever arrives way less of a risk. Especially if you charge the full amount and get to keep the profit after you'e paid Diamond (assuming they invoice before release). Someone cancels, pocket the profit and sell the figure again.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
BoNKerS
Animated

Hoollyyyy shhiietttt that was a read. I'm tired now.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:58 PM   #37
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Lesson of the day: order stuff when it's actually in stock and you'll NEVER, EVER be disappointed.
This would definitely be the best option, but Hasbro's distribution has been so piss poor as of late that you need to put a preorder in for most things. It's a lose-lose situation no matter what now because it really hard to find anything in-store and preorders are getting massively delayed or places like EB are selling your preorders.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #38
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Hi NorthmenCollectibles

I know you said you wouldn't respond but I am genuinely hoping you will to the people here given what a tight knit community this is. Having said that I do have a question as an outsider looking at both sides of the argument, all responses etc. As someone who has been involved in running businesses and making sure that customers are satisfied to become repeats and bring in new business, how or why would I be interested in shopping at your location when it would seem like you don't care about your customers at all. People who have bad experiences have a tendency to tell everyone they know, and in this day of social media takes that to a whole new level. I will not speak for anyone else but I am taken aback by what seems like very hostile responses and could not bring myself to shop your store/site because of them. If this same idea goes through everyone's heads how could you say that the $28 is worth all the business you would not be able to grow as a result?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:04 PM   #39
Banshee
Energon

Fascinating read, and what a meltdown.

FYI, Red Swoop is in stock at A3U, and Ricochet is available on Amazon.ca. He's more expensive there, but free shipping.
Banshee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #40
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Fascinating read, and what a meltdown.

FYI, Red Swoop is in stock at A3U, and Ricochet is available on Amazon.ca. He's more expensive there, but free shipping.
And far less hassle one would imagine
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote