Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Nugundam2.0
Beasty
Final Hobby Store closes down in P-Mall

Well it was fun looking at all the professionally painted Gundams and Chogokins at Pacific Mall. The store is finally closing down.

I remember that corner before it got hacked into two store fronts, the hobby store and the weirdo hair salon there was a very big hobby store. That was where I got my very first Bookshelf Takara Reissue.

Sad to see the last store close down. I dropped in to see if the the paints were on sale (Dam Tamiya paints are expensive and chrome is hard to come by) and I can of understand why, the guys were and still are assholes.

I guess that is what happens when you only cater to 高干子弟 or Ba Ling Ho's (princelings)

So the only place left is 1st Market Place Strip Mall, a place called Toys2 or Toys square. Its a nice little shop that was updated. Its owner Eric is a bit of shrewd ass. He is expensive and charges what you would get at most online vendors plus the shipping.

It was a great era for those cool shops with Awesome painted gundams on display, it was fun to look at.

Well See ya. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Your greed had circled back and the plethora of online stores competing against each other has made shopping a whole lot easier

Last edited by Nugundam2.0; 06-07-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Nugundam2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine
Re: Final Hobby Store closes down in P-Mall

huh........you don`t say.....
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
Crobot91
Metroplex

Toys2 is a joke; their prices are nuts. It's cheaper to buy a BIN eBay auction and absorb the exchange rate, shipping fees, and duty fees than to buy from them.

Speaking of hobby shops closing. I noticed Planet Hobby finally closed shop in Square One. I'm guessing they moved?
Old 06-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Are you talking about the store called Gundam Base in P-Mall? I was there last week before they closed shop for good. Yes, that guy still had a bad attitude towards the end when I was asking question about the Music Label Prime on the shelf.

There is a hobby shop in the strip mall just behind First Markham Place called Hobby King (search for it on FB). The owner is pretty good to work with and my brother and I have been shopping there for Gunpla kits. It is mostly a Gunpla and military kits store and he doesn't stock any Transformers, but he once told me he can get anything from Japan for me. BTW they are moving soon but the owner told me to "follow" them on FB for the new location.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
chroma23
douchebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Are you talking about the store called Gundam Base in P-Mall? I was there last week before they closed shop for good. Yes, that guy still had a bad attitude towards the end when I was asking question about the Music Label Prime on the shelf.

There is a hobby shop in the strip mall just behind First Markham Place called Hobby King (search for it on FB). The owner is pretty good to work with and my brother and I have been shopping there for Gunpla kits. It is mostly a Gunpla and military kits store and he doesn't stock any Transformers, but he once told me he can get anything from Japan for me. BTW they are moving soon but the owner told me to "follow" them on FB for the new location.
does this hobby king place sell gundam markers and paints?

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
Isn't Anime Extreme the main Gundam place in Toronto?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
typev3
@VinceSanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugundam2.0 View Post
Well it was fun looking at all the professionally painted Gundams and Chogokins at Pacific Mall. The store is finally closing down.

I remember that corner before it got hacked into two store fronts, the hobby store and the weirdo hair salon there was a very big hobby store. That was where I got my very first Bookshelf Takara Reissue.

Sad to see the last store close down. I dropped in to see if the the paints were on sale (Dam Tamiya paints are expensive and chrome is hard to come by) and I can of understand why, the guys were and still are assholes.

I guess that is what happens when you only cater to 高干子弟 or Ba Ling Ho's (princelings)

So the only place left is 1st Market Place Strip Mall, a place called Toys2 or Toys square. Its a nice little shop that was updated. Its owner Eric is a bit of shrewd ass. He is expensive and charges what you would get at most online vendors plus the shipping.

It was a great era for those cool shops with Awesome painted gundams on display, it was fun to look at.

Well See ya. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. Your greed had circled back and the plethora of online stores competing against each other has made shopping a whole lot easier
Well that's kinda sad. I remember years ago when I first went to P-Mall as a kid and there were a bunch of hobby shops! My mom bought me my first Gundam Wing HGs back then. (I remember wanting the one with the "angel wings"!) Stopped going there once I was introduced to online shopping though. Still, it was always nice to see the displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Isn't Anime Extreme the main Gundam place in Toronto?
I'm pretty sure AE is the main source for Gunpla in Toronto. But their prices on any import toys/model kits are a bit expensive. :/

Last edited by typev3; 06-07-2014 at 05:40 PM.
typev3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

It's kind of a bummer to hear that they closed down.

Not gonna miss them though, they're prices were always 10-15 dollars more than AnimeXTreme.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
Yes, they even have Gundam workshop from time to time. I saw people gathering there doing Gundam together.
Overall, highly recommended. I bought a few markers and accessories from there.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #10
BoNKerS
Animated

there goes another store for me look around when my wife is shopping. Gah
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote