Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #8321
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
I ordered mine from HLJ already.

I'm going to go hunt down a Hasbro Drag Strip now though, i like it more than Takara's. I got the set mostly for Motormaster not having those ugly grey colors on the cab like the Hasbro one does.
Thanks for the heads up...I had been checking HLJ and AmiAmi for it but didn't see it. For some reason HLJ hasn't listed the preorder under Transformers so it wasn't coming up on my search...found it under "Menasor".

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #8322
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
I ordered mine from HLJ already.

I'm going to go hunt down a Hasbro Drag Strip now though, i like it more than Takara's. I got the set mostly for Motormaster not having those ugly grey colors on the cab like the Hasbro one does.
Walmart in Mission had one yesterday

TRU online has them

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....Type=plaonline

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #8323
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Thanks for the heads up...I had been checking HLJ and AmiAmi for it but didn't see it. For some reason HLJ hasn't listed the preorder under Transformers so it wasn't coming up on my search...found it under "Menasor".
Ouch thats pricey

Feedback

Collection
Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #8324
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
Ouch thats pricey
It's actually not too bad - the JPY to CAD exchange is pretty close to par...so at 12000YEN, it's about $125CAD. Granted, you end up paying a little more for shipping but considering you get the Slingshot and Wildrider figures without hunting them down, it's pretty good. At full price the the North American versions for 1 Voyager (assuming $29.99, or more if the pricing is the newer MSRP at $34.99) and 4 deluxes (assuming $19.99 each), it comes to at least $123 after taxes (and that's not counting having to hunt down and potentially pay a bit of a markup to get Slingshot or Wildrider figures through specialty retailers).

Of course you run the potential for getting hit for duty but so far I haven't been hit yet for anything coming from the Japanese retailers.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #8325
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
It's actually not too bad - the JPY to CAD exchange is pretty close to par...so at 12000YEN, it's about $125CAD. Granted, you end up paying a little more for shipping but considering you get the Slingshot and Wildrider figures without hunting them down, it's pretty good. At full price the the North American versions for 1 Voyager (assuming $29.99, or more if the pricing is the newer MSRP at $34.99) and 4 deluxes (assuming $19.99 each), it comes to at least $123 after taxes (and that's not counting having to hunt down and potentially pay a bit of a markup to get Slingshot or Wildrider figures through specialty retailers).

Of course you run the potential for getting hit for duty but so far I haven't been hit yet for anything coming from the Japanese retailers.

( i was thinking MM) There selling the whole combiner, well thats a good (std) price then!, plus no driving around

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 04-09-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #8326
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Anyone ordered MP-23 from NY? I haven't received mine since it was shipped out on March 23...
Old 04-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #8327
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Anyone ordered MP-23 from NY? I haven't received mine since it was shipped out on March 23...
Same here, haven't received mine and it was shipped around the same time from NY.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #8328
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
Same here, haven't received mine and it was shipped around the same time from NY.
That sucks, I hope you get them soon. Last thing I ordered from them was MP-22 UM and I got that pretty quickly.

I just checked their site to see if they even had the listing for Exhaust still up...and they did but they've marked it up to 16000YEN which is like $170CAD!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #8329
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:

You are comparing worst case scenario with the hasbro combiner (walmart's new higher price) with the best case scenario with the takara one (preorder discount price, no duty).

The two special guys are at automaton toys for preorder now btw.
http://www.automatontoys.com/hasbro-...-quickslinger/
http://www.automatontoys.com/hasbro-...xe-brake-neck/

Best case scenario for 1 hasbro combiner is having a raincheck for when tru had the %25 off sale in late jan/early feb for superion and hoping wave 2 has same sku. So the price with taxes is $95.56 + shipping for quickslinger or brake neck.
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #8330
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
I did. Received it last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
my problem is I haven't received MP-24 and it was shipped at around the same time too.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote