Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
pud333
Animated
Re: My conversation with a Bell Rep over HDTV

I have been with Rogers, Bell, Shaw, etc. All of them suck. I just cancelled my cable a couple of weeks ago. I realized I don't watch enough tv to warrant the high prices. The only channels I do watch are the higher ones like HGTV, Discovery, National Geographic, etc. And you can't just pay for those, you always have to pay for a bundle as well as the basic cable, which I don't want, and the bundles never have all the channels I want, so I have to pay for at least two bundles, which by then I may as well just pay for the full package cause the price difference is minor. Sigh. Until the day comes when I can pick and chose which individual channels I want to pay for, I guess I'm SOL for TV. It's all good. So long as I have internet, I will be fine

What drove me nuts about cancelling with Shaw recently was having to return the remote and receiver. Had to wade into downtown to return it on my lunch, which basically took an hour. They sure don't make it easy for you to just quit. What's going to annoy me now is in a couple months, I'm going to be bombarded with brochures from Shaw trying to get me to get cable again. Even though I don't get junk mail, these brochures bypass the typcal junkmail system because it comes in a freaking envelope, which looks like a bill. Bastards.

Last edited by pud333; 07-14-2010 at 03:53 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
*snip* What's going to annoy me now is in a couple months, I'm going to be bombarded with brochures from Shaw trying to get me to get cable again. Even though I don't get junk mail, these brochures bypass the typcal junkmail system because it comes in a freaking envelope, which looks like a bill. Bastards.
I would get those flyers when I had them as a service

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
astrana
Nexus Maximus

bell is POS, i was with them for 7 years, when my contract ended and asking them to give me a deal on phones, they just wont back down, i fucking hate them
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote