Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #21
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: Reissue Vs. Original

As mentioned, and I forgot about, the KO's. The high quality KO's are great for filling in those expensive holes, ie. combiners. I have Defensor and Devastator both great. I also have a few others that never had a reissue. I plan on getting Menasor and Superion at the end of this month. In March/April Abominus gets a KO release with Computron coming about 3-6months after. I'm grabbing those too.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #22
Autovolt 127
Animated

Not really a G1 collector. But whenver Hasbro reissues at Retail something i usally buy like TRU Soundwave, The Insecticons and Perceptor, Red Alert.

The only G1 toys i have that aren't reissues are Warpath, a micromaster and my G1 Sixshot.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Does not matter to me, I'm a Decepticon at heart. I want the best quality and the best possible character representation I can have at the best possible price. The quality and look of my collection is important to me as well as the stories of where and how I got them, that's why I detail it in my shmax and email incase my collection gets bigger than I can remember when I'm 70. It's the only way to build and maintain an Unstoppable Army!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
King Benny
Generation 1

I have no issues with either as I have both vintages and reissues in my collection. The vintage ones give you that special feeling of owning a true original. No other toy can give me that feeling. However, some are pretty rundown and as a result, I don't mess with them too much. The reissues allow me to play around with the toys which is something I love to do. So in my mind, they both offer something special.

For KOs, I have a Devastator and Shockwave. I doubt I will be buying anymore. Even though I was initially satisfied with the KO Devastator, it started to bother me after I purchased vintage versions of Menasor and Superion. The KO Devastator just didn't feel right anymore. I ended up finding a good deal on a vintage Devastator. I like the Shockwave though.
King Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
ang3l3s
Robot Master

Nothing beats an original, i find there are subtle differences IN FEEL but to each their own. JMO
ang3l3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I have a few of the 'Higher' quality KOs, a chunk of vintage and some reissues in my collection. And I can understand the vintage feeling. I wonder how many hands Trypticon or Menasor passed through, and how many Xmas trees they have seen. A sense of history or nostalgia. Maybe that G1 Gears I got back recently, is actually the one I used to own.

But I can't spend the money that some of these command, so I'm happy with the reissues or in a few cases the higher quality KOs.

Would I prefer a vintage, yes. But I'm fine with the alternatives when I have to.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #27
Blitzkrieg
Supreme Commander
Blitzkrieg's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Blitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
I have a few of the 'Higher' quality KOs, a chunk of vintage and some reissues in my collection. And I can understand the vintage feeling. I wonder how many hands Trypticon or Menasor passed through, and how many Xmas trees they have seen. A sense of history or nostalgia. Maybe that G1 Gears I got back recently, is actually the one I used to own.

But I can't spend the money that some of these command, so I'm happy with the reissues or in a few cases the higher quality KOs.

Would I prefer a vintage, yes. But I'm fine with the alternatives when I have to.
For sure, the KO Optimus Prime I got a few weeks ago is great. The joints are nice and tight, good quality metal for the feet. The only issue I had was the sticker quality. So, I don't have a problem with KO's or Reissues, as long as the KO's are good quality.

“Until that day{O}till all are one.”

My Sell & Trade Thread;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...359#post382359

My Wanted List;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...225#post382225

My Feedback Thread;

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Blitzkrieg
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #28
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I prefer reissues most of the time.

$65 for a complete minty Piranacon? You can't beat that.

I'd much rather plunk down cash for a nice reissue then try to hunt down a good condition G1 figure, which I've found can be a pain.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #29
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
The reissues are a much more cheaper and sometimes nicer alternative. The Star Convoy Reissue has a slightly nicer paint scheme and details (upper legs painted silver instead of white, the headlights are also more detailed I think). Ask Cheers Ian, he LOVES that figure! lmao
Ugh. Don't get me started on that brick.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
zerocustom
Machine War

I would love to own a lot of original G1's but the price people charge for them is insane plus you have no idea what shape there really in until you get them in your hands, reissues all the way it's basically a new toy from a classic mold, but I guess if your a purist stay away from these for people like me who don't care and just want a great toy I'll buy that reissue!

zerocustom is offline   Reply With Quote