Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #561
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I'd be down for Magnus, Sideswipe and Screamer...
Maybe after Christmas (I was already planning on getting a case of Deluxes), in the end I decided that my bonus should go to something I wouldn't normally consider so I just went crazy and pre-ordered both Mobine Missile Launchers types!

They'll make all of my PCC figure better and there's nothing more fun than a toy that makes toys you already have cooler.

I just hope the release date holds...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #562
Kristal
Machine War

Went to Plattsburgh NY yesterday and OH MY GOD it really shows how far behind we are in releases.

Seriously the Target in the Champlain Mall had Voyager UM (bought) and Thundertron.

and i quickly bought a Vehicon, because why not
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #563
Undrave
Canadian Slag

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!

I was just looking at my schedule for the year (yes my job gives me my schedule for the whole year in advance, in fact it's more than a year, I can tell you which day I'll be working in April 2014) and...

I'm completely free on the weekend of TFcon 2013!!! O.O

I think it's a sign...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #564
SMOG
zombicon

Hey guys... anybody know where Zellers Angrignon is in their spiralling-price death cycle? I kind of wanted to pick up some Kreo stuff SUPER cheap, but just when the Zellers downtown got the good discounts, that stuff vanished.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #565
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Hey guys... anybody know where Zellers Angrignon is in their spiralling-price death cycle? I kind of wanted to pick up some Kreo stuff SUPER cheap, but just when the Zellers downtown got the good discounts, that stuff vanished.

zmog
Last Sunday was still 30% off all toys
Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #566
SMOG
zombicon

So yeah, like I said in the sightings thread, I found the Generations Combaticon wave at Walmart (cote de neiges, but they're all gone now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gericault View Post
Wow, so the foc combaticons are starting to show up finally? Rediculous!
Can't say I'm particularly stoked, though, cause I really think they're quite disappointing. The only one that looks even remotely decent is Brawl (but I would say that, wouldn't I, since Brawl is my favourite TF ever!).
And what's with Vortex and Blastoff? Christ those are two UGLY pieces of plastic!
I will say this... all things considered, they are VERY pretty in their boxes, bright colours and all. A sudden mania took me, and I had to buy them all on the spot.

Don't be fooled though. They do all have serious problems. Off-hand, I'd saw that Swindle is the best figure in the batch, though he is pretty much "naked" from behind. Brawl feels rather dainty and slender, and has a hell of a lot of kibble hanging off his butt, but otherwise, he's pretty solid.

But overall... I can mistransform them, rearrange them, pose them all I want, but it really comes down to... was this SERIOUSLY the best Hasbro designers could come up with??? I realize that they were trying to match screen models for robot, vehicle AND combined modes, and that can't be easy, but the engineering here feels SO poorly thought out... it's sort of appalling. So much room for improvement on these.

And dear god, why is Swindle so BIG?? After getting them all out of the packages, I spent a while trying to figure out if I could get a jeep mode from Brawl and a tank mode from Swindle, just for the sake of switching them up!

Which is not to say that they don't have their attraction. Even the bright colours are kind of nice, though obviously they don't suit the characters so well. I've already got a fan-mode for Bruticus that makes him less stupid-looking, though not necessarily more stable. There are a lot of variations online I should look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Meh too late for me I bought the G2 recolor from BBTS...
I almost did that, but after looking at the decos, I just couldn't. The colours are bad enough, but that purple camo pattern was too much for me. Vortex was the only real eyesore on the regular release. I was considering waiting for the Wreckers version, but that temporary new-toy insanity overtook me.

zmog
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #567
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Quote:
I almost did that, but after looking at the decos, I just couldn't. The colours are bad enough, but that purple camo pattern was too much for me. Vortex was the only real eyesore on the regular release. I was considering waiting for the Wreckers version, but that temporary new-toy insanity overtook me.
zmog
Just to tease a little, I really don't like the hasbro skittles color Bruticus. I want my robot to look like robot not candy
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #568
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
so many bruticus's so little cash! I myself have skipped the retail and sdcc. Going for takara release! By the looks of the images it is going to be the superior bruticus! A friend of mine got the retail bruticus and onslaught has both his arms cracked inside the balljoint As for the BBTS Bruticus, i like it. I find it looks very G2, and that those simple colors actually complement the figure very well. Im so tired of the overcomplicated movie toys that its nice to see a simple paint job every now and then. Who will you choose?!
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #569
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Just to tease a little, I really don't like the hasbro skittles color Bruticus. I want my robot to look like robot not candy
Transformers have always been colourful, so I like a bit of Skittle-colour sometimes. A colourful robot still looks like a robot after all.

However, I agree... it doesn't help them look like Combaticons. Unfortunately, there's only one version of FOC Bruticus that avoids the "ugly colour" phenomenon... and that's the most expensive one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
so many bruticus's so little cash! I myself have skipped the retail and sdcc. Going for takara release! By the looks of the images it is going to be the superior bruticus!
Ah... haven't seen that one yet. But I'd feel weird paying any more than I did for these figures, considering their rather shoddy design.

They may end up getting kitbashed... since I already have the FansProject Bruticus, the FOC version isn't a must-have.

zmog
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #570
Pascal
Banned

Plastic crack is calling me. I just sold my SDCC Bruticus to jourdo, and now I want to buy that one. Go figure.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote