Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #531
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Does anyone remember my "cryptic" sightings when everyone was chasing down FE TFs (Bulkhead, Optimus and CJ)

I think it actually stopped some scalpers because there was a TRU that I visited that had 4 Voyager OP and 8+ FE CJs in stock when I posted my cryptic sighting and a week after, there was still 1 OP and 6 CJ left...or people were just too lazy
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #532
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Sooooo what are you thinking about the platinum year of the snake omega supreme? Does it count has a g1 generation/universe/classic remake? Will it feel good with the other remake?
I'm undecided... my first impressions were good, but I was looking at a picture of him last night, and noticing some weird colour choices (like that big section of red on his right leg). But Classics-Generations stuff is usually a reinterpreted style, so this is probably as close to a classicy Omega as we're going to get (with all the remolded parts).

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #533
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
Sooooo what are you thinking about the platinum year of the snake omega supreme? Does it count has a g1 generation/universe/classic remake? Will it feel good with the other remake?
Im quite excited for the Omega Supreme. Ive always wanted that toy from energon? Now that they remodeled it a bit it looks much less like a toy. Thats my problem with energon toys, i prefer collectables that look at least minimally like adult grade toy, ie masterpiece... but yea that omega supreme, although strange, looks neat! That optimus though,,,,,ugh it looks like optimus was beaten with the ugly stick...

Theres also the new beast hunters prime, which isnt too bad. I dont like the green on him and his head mold, but the rest looks neat. The flat nose cab returns!

and on a final note, cogz has been released for preorder and is priced at 54,99 + shipping, is anyone else shocked at how expensive this legend figure costs? I mean......w t f ?

Last edited by xelement24x; 12-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #534
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
I'm undecided... my first impressions were good, but I was looking at a picture of him last night, and noticing some weird colour choices (like that big section of red on his right leg). But Classics-Generations stuff is usually a reinterpreted style, so this is probably as close to a classicy Omega as we're going to get (with all the remolded parts).

zmog
I am happy they took that much effort and time to remold and retool such a huge price point toy, but then again I imagine they still want to make back costs on the original engineering.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #535
Grayfox
Crossover

3rd party: Here you go fans, Project Genesis! A huge War for Cybertron Omega Supreme!

Hasbro: Oh snap! People are gonna buy 3rd party again! What can we do as a response that won't require as much effort and budget??

Seriously though, That Omega looks decent. I'm just not interested in paying as big a price for that brick again.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #536
SMOG
zombicon

Maybe I'll sell my old brick to afford the new brick.

I mean, I've considered repainting and customizing that Energon mold into a more G1 style Omega (as many others have done)... might as well start halfway there.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #537
Pascal
Banned

Goldorak boxset out next week, pricing down to $109.99 on Amazon.ca and Archambault.ca...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #538
Protoman
The Legend

Tomorrow (Saturday) is a one day Mini Comic Con near Chinatown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Montr%...38227/?fref=ts

I will be there, selling odds and ends (some TFs, this show I use for the WIERD SHIT unlike Toycon). Come by and say hi if you got a chance $5 to get in, only Saturday.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #539
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Is it me or the contest on the shelflife website is pretty much bullcrap..... The dude Hobbyist Prime is once again in the first place an i'm pretty sure he's just adding everything on the website to win the contest. He won the first last contest with more then 4 million points and now he once again over 3 million points. If he really added all his collection in the first contest it's impossible that his first place in this one too. I mean I added all my collection last contest and I have 50th something place. Now i'm 181th place and I can't really go up because I have nothing more to add.......not fair.....
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #540
Kristal
Machine War

Quote:
Is it me or the contest on the shelflife website is pretty much bullcrap..... The dude Hobbyist Prime is once again in the first place an i'm pretty sure he's just adding everything on the website to win the contest. He won the first last contest with more then 4 million points and now he once again over 3 million points. If he really added all his collection in the first contest it's impossible that his first place in this one too. I mean I added all my collection last contest and I have 50th something place. Now i'm 181th place and I can't really go up because I have nothing more to add.......not fair.....
probably because he's curating a bunch of categories too. he might have a huge collection, but he makes new categories and fill them with images so you can see that you have that toy.

Heck, I could be a curator too and make a Digimon section (the collectors for that are insane. look on Ebay) but i don't think anybody has digimon toys to collect :P
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote